Sign in to follow this  
Stepney

I finally got it going! '54 Massey Harris Pony

Stepney

Well, I finally got the 1954 Massey Harris Pony started, after two months of work! She's good looking, but the 6 volt system usually turns everyone away... Still gotta get some pictures of the 'horses' though... :teasing-blah:post-8534-0-78332900-1355960221_thumb.jppost-8534-0-77982300-1355960290_thumb.jp

Spenser.

• Like 3

jay in nc

very nice pony. i wish my pacer looked half as nice! jay

Jake Kuhn

looks awesome! :bow-blue:

specialwheelhorse

We had at one time I think it was a WD- Alice with a 6 volt system (A real pain)

and put 8 volts in it and not a problem after that. VERY NICE TRACTOR! ! ! !

Jim in Texas

VinsRJ

Looks super!

Kelly

Looks good, how big is that?? I changed my Farmall H to 12v it starts so much better.

Stepney

It's just a little larger then a Farmall Cub, and quite a bit taller. This was the last year they built the Pony. It's only 11 horse power! It's enough, but it's a bit hard to start off in 3rd... Fast little machine!

Spenser.

tbbahner

Very Nice! I agree, 6v. is a pain.

Tom B

AMC RULES

Wicked nice pony, but I want to see them horses. :popcorn:

KATO

Worked on alot of 6 volt cars years ago for a local guy who bought and sold antique and classic

cars. I put 8 volt batteries in all of them and adjusted the regulator. didn't seem to have trouble with guages.

made a big difference in starting and lights.

Very nice pony !!

welderman85

very nice pony i had a 6 volt vw kinda a pain so i switched it to 12 volts

Stepney

Maybe I'll get some pictures if, well... Number 1, if I can get them through the snow, number 2, If they'll start... :handgestures-fingerscrossed: Also, I have to remember to set the camera photo size! EVERY time I take a good photo, I forget, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to resize... Oh well.

Spenser.

groundhog47

Well, I finally got the 1954 Massey Harris Pony started, after two months of work! She's good looking, but the 6 volt system usually turns everyone away... Still gotta get some pictures of the 'horses' though... :teasing-blah:post-8534-0-78332900-1355960221_thumb.jppost-8534-0-77982300-1355960290_thumb.jp

Spenser.

Spenser, that is a definite WOW for me :greetings-clappingyellow:

glgrumpy

6 volt works OK on my Molines! Just getting hard to find generators and people to even WORK on them for you anymore. I learned to put in brushes and bearings and general clean-up and it worked on most of mine. I am having trouble with my BG Avery/MM wanting to crank fast enough. You should see how slow it goes but ends up starting at last move, just like it has weak battery! I even have HUGE cables and more grounds and it isn't better. Might have to make that one 12v, just to start better.

squonk

I've had AC's and Farmalls with mag ign. Installed a 12V battery. No lights and no charging system. Used a L&G battery and the O.E. 6 V starter. When you hit the button the tractor about flipped over from the starter spinning so fast. Battery would last all summer until you needed to charge it again. icon_lightning.gif

Doubletrouble

I have a pony also. No where near as nice as yours though. I'll begin on it when I finish the H. The pony needs alot of work, vandals got into the barn and stripped her of most of the sheet metal for scrap so I'm starting with a "naked" tractor.