Sign in to follow this  
bigfkd22

Adding a rear pto to d160

bigfkd22

Anybody add a rear pto to a d160? Guy has a nice one for sale but it dosent have one. I didn't know how hard they were to find and if do how much work was envlolved. Oh by the way it has a 3 point hitch.

Thanks for the help.

D

Kelly

I never added one, but I did remove one, it is probably a 3 hour job, I had the tractor torn part way apart, and still took a hour, to get it apart and out, they don't come up for sale often, if you do find one be sure the front of the shaft where the big pulley goes is in good shape, and you get all the parts.

midnight rambler

if you are lucky you can unbolt everything, remove the pillow block bearing from the back and pull it out the front, like i said if you are lucky and it goes good it will be an hr project, but im not lucky and it takes me a couple hrs to get on out, i just got fir of the rear pto, if it has the 3 point hitch you will want the rear pto just for the tiller or rear mower. good luck

Jim_M

I've done a couple of them, it's not a bad job. Finding a complete pto these days might be tough though and it won't be cheap.

I have NOS bearings for the front and center supports in case you find one with bad bearings.

bigfkd22

Well I had my eye on a pretty beat up d that I could pull the pull the pot from but it already sold. So thanks for the help ill think ill pass. At least for now. Wasn't really looking forward to the job. But it would be cool to have a 3 point tiller!

Thanks d

otrelwood

mine came out the back the easiest for me anyway joes outdoor up in the thumb region has them on evilbay occasionally usually overpriced but supply and demand just depends on how bad you want it if you had one to look at it doesnt seem like they would be too hard to reproduce

leeave96

So what do you drive with this rear PTO? A finish mower or small bush hog? What are the RPM's of it? Does it have an SAE shaft?

Thanks,

Bill