Sign in to follow this  
haeffnkr

C-160 hydro cylinder(s)?

haeffnkr

Hello,

Doing more brain storming....kind of scary...as I am all over the place so far this week.

http://wh.classickitchensandmore.com/Karls160/

After looking at these pics - I see what appears to be a standard single cylinder valve control.

What would happen if you put a double cylinder control?

Is there enough built in pump and resevoir to run 2 cylinders, the existing one and one other small one?

Like to add a "side to side" cylinder to a blade? Assuming the routing of the hoses and all could be achieved.

thanks Kevin

kpinnc

Hey Kevin,

Yeah, there's plenty of hydraulic pressure available on a WH to use more than one cylinder. You can also have hoses made up to whatever length you want. The #5 connectors WH used are a little hard to find in all versions (JIC/O-ring/etc..), but they are still around.

The D series tractors used Sundstrand pumps, and the C195 used Eatons, and both had dual cylinders. Point being, regardless of your C160's year model, you should be fine. Even the tractor in my avatar has dual cylinders and controls.

The only thing I would have concerns with would be the size of the extra cylinder you use. The larger the cylinder, the more volume it will have, and the slower it will move in and out.

If you're gonna use it on a blade, or any other attachment, I would look into using quick connect hoses though...

Good luck!

Kevin

haeffnkr

Thanks for the responses.

Sorry I missed the previous post.

Did I understand that the transaxle IS the resevoir on the C-160?

I have an aftermarket 2 spool valve already from my previously conceived projects that have not come to life.

I also have a separate hydro pump, so I guess I can try to put on the dual spool control and if it does not work because of resvoir/volume/etc - seal off the WH hydro pump and put on my external one.

So how does a WH FEL work? I assume they have an external pump and separate controls? What about the resevoir?

Did I see somewhere one a pic that one of the side FEL frame supports was a hollow box beam and it was the resevoir?

thanks Kevin

kj4kicks

Hi kevin, You cannot simply "plug off" the original ports on the hydrostat rear.

The rear is the resevoir for the hydraulics.

As for the FEL, most use one of the upright braces to hold the fluid, and it has an external belt driven pump. One of the best parts about that is that you don't need to open the system when removing the FEL assembly.

If you want to use your 2 spool valve, that should be no problem with the stock set-up.

Hope that helps !

E.

nylyon

And if you have a leftover original C-160 spool valve which you need to give away.... I know just the guy... B)