Sign in to follow this  
bmuone

Question on what to ID

bmuone

I know to ID a tractor you use the ID plate found in various places on the frame or engine. This number helps you find the correct manuals, parts etc. What if the tractor has been re-powered and the orig id plates have been removed or are unreadable? I suppose it is then most important to ID the transmission. That seems to be the deciding factor in finding parts that fit that frame. Is this correct? I was able to find one tag on a plate close to the ignition switch. 01-17ke01. I believe I have a 1981 C-175 with a newer 18hp Briggs and Stratton and later model hood.

I am trying to figure out the correct hydraulic control valve which I believe to be number 108494. I do not think a valve number 106680 (have one of those also) would work because of the relief valve. One being on the valve itself and the other being in the transmission. I had the two o rings replaced, but it still leaks. If I can find the complete overhaul kit I will try to open the valve and replace the other o rings.

But it all comes down to correctly ID'ing the transmission I think. ??

Dayton

gwest_ca

Open the manuals and do a search for 284

It should bring up a service bulletin. Have you downloaded the hydraulic manual from Toro? The part numbers in it changed but still available the last time I checked.

Garry

bmuone

Thank you Garry. I do have the hydraulic manual and I found that Service Bulletin 284.

Dayton

bmuone

Just ordered the kit. It has changed numbers but using the old number will bring it up. Thank you again Garry.....saved me some searching time with that service bulletin number!!

Dayton

stevasaurus

If you put some pictures of the horse up here, these guys can identify anything...we would like to see it anyway. Pictures of the front, sides and the back...someone knows what it is. I do not know about the hydros, but trying to identify the manual wheel horse transmissions is next to impossible. The numbers on those transmissions are just really casting dates. :)

JackC

01-17ke01 is the model number for the 1980 and 1981 C-175 Automatic. You can go to partstree.com for the parts diagrams and part numbers.

Due to the size of the valve the shift plate would have a cut out for the valve lever.

11-17KE01 is the model number for a 1984 C-175 Automatic that uses a different valve (110068). The valve lever is higher up and there is no cut out in the shift plate. See partstree.com for the differences.

The shift plate will tell you which one you need.

bmuone

attempt at pictures...failed...removed......

bmuone

Pictures of tractor arriving at home and a couple after a little cleanup.....

MVC-001S_zpsc0e18f9d.jpg

MVC-003S_zps56f3806b.jpg

MVC-013S3_zps98da2778.jpg

MVC-012S3_zps2ff71439.jpg

MVC-013S3_zps98da2778.jpg

bmuone

Before I forget how....here is a couple of more that might help. One is the valve removed from tractor.

MVC-014S_zps08773651.jpg

MVC-001S_zpsdad8d8a9.jpg

stevasaurus

Great pictures...that horse is in great shape...thanks for sharing :) I wish I could help you with the hydro, but that horse is way to new for my expertise. :bow-blue: