Sign in to follow this  
whc160

NEW WINTER TEAM UPGRADE

whc160

Picked this up today. It is a 79350 which is a 1995 48". The guy had sold his :wh: 5 years ago & never sold the blade. We were talking & he asked if I was interested. He had taken it to the :wh: local dealer 3 years ago but the dealer had not sold it for him. I went to the dealer & checked it out. As soon as I saw it I wanted it. I called him & we talked on a price. Well I thought it was a good deal so I took it. After picking it up tonight I found it has the 5 adjustment holes. How rare are the ones with 5 holes? Here are some pics. What do you guys think it is worth?

8271049532_7f96335c9c_m.jpg8269982445_a50abc79b7_m.jpg

8271050408_de71d092c7_m.jpg8269982943_824ba38e94_m.jpg

I can't wait for it to snow. I was excited to upgrade to the tall chute blower this year. Now from an old 42" blade to this. :woohoo:

• Like 3

varosd

Looks great. I got my 48" for a steal at $75 but it only has the 3 hole jobber! how is the wear blade?

whc160

The wear blade is ready to turn over. But not wore into the blade yet. I checked that out when I first looked at it. Gave a little more than you did. I gave $150 for it but it looks like new other than the faded paint on the back side of the blade.

Tankman

I'm thinking the center hole, of course stays put. The two outer holes would have to be fixed position or the

angle might cause the blade to hit the right or left front tire.

That being said, I didn't check yet, the head more than likely could be drilled to add the two additional positions.

When I get the chance, forgot today, I'm going to measure the center to center of two holes.

Might just be enough room to drill an additional position.

I just checked the two snow blades I have, 42" and a 48".

Center to center the holes are on 2-1/2" centers, holes are 3/4" Ø. This would leave 1/2" on either

side of a new hole if you wanted to drill out the head. The material is certainly thick enough to

withstand any stress (side to side stress) it might be subject to.

AMC RULES

Nice :wh: score...other than the cutting edge, looks to be in great condition overall.

MalMac

I picked up a blade with a tractor I bought about 4 years ago, it has the 5 holes. The blade seems to be around a 94 to 95 vintage about the same condition yours is. I did not know it at the time that it had 5 holes. Kinda found it by mistake. I do like it though.

whc160

Well I got the wear bar turned over & the blade mounted on the 76. Here is some pics.

8279085444_216952d6b6_m.jpg

8279084206_9e91736a9f_m.jpg

Tankman I also measured the holes. There is 7/16" between the holes. Forgot to measure the center to center.

Sparky

One of my 48" blades has the 5 hole quadrant. I really like having the extra choices in the amount of angle.

Mike.........

varosd

I'm thinking the center hole, of course stays put. The two outer holes would have to be fixed position or the

That being said, I didn't check yet, the head more than likely could be drilled to add the two additional positions.

When I get the chance, forgot today, I'm going to measure the center to center of two holes.

Center to center the holes are on 2-1/2" centers, holes are 3/4" Ø. This would leave 1/2" on either

side of a new hole if you wanted to drill out the head. The material is certainly thick enough to

Well I got the wear bar turned over & the blade mounted on the 76. Here is some pics.

Tankman I also measured the holes. There is 7/16" between the holes. Forgot to measure the center to center.

So can us 3 hole "People stuck with older, less angle options folks" (that sounds better) just 2 2 extra holes or is there a difference in the brackets. I think this was brought some time back... :D

Tankman

So can us 3 hole "People stuck with older, less angle options folks" (that sounds better) just 2 2 extra holes or is there a difference in the brackets. I think this was brought some time back... :D

I doubt there is a difference in the head unit. I have swapped head units with blades on several snow plows.

Was, "Out with the bad, in with the new(er)." So to speak.

Drilling the additional hole(s), dead center of the full left, center and full right, center, or both new holes, wouldn't make any difference. Would work just fine.

The new 3/4" hole locations would insure blade never touches a front tire, right of left. A lesser angle if you like.

glgrumpy

Yeah, drill some new holes, DUH! Why didn't I think of that? My blade on gt14 is very close to tires and rubs if you push it some. Might have to try the drilling trick. Thanks! Great blade there, newer and prettier than most you see for sale! :handgestures-thumbupright: