Sign in to follow this  
jdecker94

d200

jdecker94

well ive been offered a nice d200 someone is looking to get rid of. for 650 bucks id get a good running machine that needs a starter (i have one from a k532 which i can pop on) a snowblower and a mower deck. now my big thing is im usually a bit of a bolens guy, and im used to shaft driven attachments. are the d200 attachments like deck and snowblower belt or shaft driven?

KC9KAS

Sounds like a good buy. I have a D-200 also, but I really don't know how the attachments you mentioned are powered.

Mine has a rear finish mower and it is 3 pt hook-up with a rear shaft PTO.

Where are my manners..... :WRS:

jdecker94

thanks. im hoping its a 3 point mower. i dont really know how to price things on these. i had a bolens ht20 and this sounds like a bolens with a different body. do the 200's have front and rear auxiliary hydraulics?

coldone

The D200 belly mower is belt driven,not sure of the snow blower. No aux hydraulics on it. It has a hyd 3pth and the mid is hyd. A running D200 will bring anywhere fro $500-$1000. Some were outfitted with factory Backhoe and FEL. They are heavy and stout. Weak points are the differential and the hydros can weaken. The good news on both of those is that the diff problem was corrected in the later models (bolts went from 5/16 grade 8 to 3/8 grade 8) and the hydros can be fixed relatively easily.

jdecker94

well odds are if i buy it and its a belly mower i might sell the deck. i have a smaller yard and its uneven so larger decks dont do so well. but i do love to drive a garden tractor lol. also isnt it a sunstrand rear, just like the ones in the bolens ht20's?

JackC

The blower is shaft driven off the front part of the PTO shaft that runs from front to back. There is also a finish mower that is shaft driven by the rear part of the PTO shaft and that mower attaches to the rear 3 point hitch.

jdecker94

if it runs and drives as good as my old bolens did im gonna try to get it. its just hard scraping 650 bucks up, plus about 80 for diesel.

midnight rambler

in the end all the attachments are belt driven. the mower deck is all belt drive, the snowblower is belt drive to a shaft driven gear box, and the rear tiller and finish mower is pto driven off of a belt also.

JackC

The D200 is the King of the D160, D180, D200 series. The D's are not good mowers for small yards. They do make good plow tractors due to their weight. They are probably OK as snow blowers but not as good as the newer blowers on smaller tractors like the 44 inch two stage or a 42 inch tall shoot single stage. Some may disagree. They are also good trailer tugs if you have the 3 point hitch and any trailers to move around. The D is the only wheel horse that I would put a loader on but many put loaders on almost anything and do OK with them.

They are also just neat tractor to have IMHO.

jdecker94

well yes everything is technically belt driven, but i think you know what i meant. ill definitely consider it. if an ht series bolens popped up for the same price is be all over it, but ive just never had a wheel horse before. i remember my ht20 with the blade on it would tear 3" of virgin ground up and not even lug down, im sure it would be the same with this. i would like a 3 point, just because they are useful, and maybe even more useful then a sleeve hitch for tasks. can anyone post a couple good pictures of the d200 snowblowers?

JackC

Looks awesome with a blower on it doesn't it? Just don't get in front of it when it is engaged.

These may be a member's pictures that I saved in my picture library.

• Like 3

jdecker94

looks to be a very sturdy system, who ever owns that BEAUTIFUL machine is one lucky SOB. if i ever make a garden tractor look that nice id be afraid to use it lol. luckily i have my new newly used flatbed truck to haul a bigger garden tractor on, because i know this wouldnt have fit into my old truck.

Sparky

Those pics are of a D-160 I used to own with the blower mounted up. I sold it a couple years ago and never used the blower so I cant say how well the sno-blower works. It did have a 48" deck that I used a couple times and it worked great. You will find yourself spinning the steering wheel left and right alot trying to manuever around trees and such. The steering box makes the steering easier but you have to spin the wheel a whole lot more.

Mike..........

JackC

Those are two of the nicest pictures of a D that I have seen. They should be in the calender.

That tractor is a beauty.

It looks like it is just off the showroom floor.

Who did the restore?

Is it still in CT?

Sparky

Who did the restore?

Is it still in CT?

I dont know who did the restoration but I do know it was done right. I bought it off the widow of the gentleman who owned and used it. I sold the tractor and deck at a spring tractor show in Connecticut and it stayed in Connecticut. The blower was bought by someone who lived up near one of the Great Lakes who owned a "D" with a rusted out and worn out snow-blower. If I remember right it was like a 8-9 hour drive one way for the guy to come pick it up at my place.

Mike.........

• Like 2