Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

310-8

Kevbo

Hi everyone I have found a 310-8 that I might go look at but it needs a starter solenoid, battery, and a blade for the deck. He is asking $300 OBO so my question to you all would be...how much can I get away with offering?

Can tell me a little more about the 310-8?

Thanks!

groundhog47

If I heve the right blade(s), they will be available at gooder n ever price. Apologies for such a sneak attack.

Kelly

Can you hear it run? if not my offer would be about half, unless it's really nice.

Kevbo

Thanks Kelly! I agree and I'm unsure if I could hear it run

Wheel-N-It

$300 for it if it runs could be a good deal. We just need to see some pics first. Do you have any???

Kevbo

I'll see if I can get them posted tomorrow

Kevbo

Here is a pic

FDBC9E04-2A5A-4149-8C2D-D498F7F0276D-20651-0000149D2C358AEF.jpg

SPINJIM

Yeh, I saw that one too. I was tempted, but I already have 6 project Horses waiting for work, an no more room in my workshop.

I'd ask how he knows it only needs a selenoid. Doesn't sound like a difficult repair, and he should have done it himself if he wanted to sell it. Take a battery and jumper cables along with you, and have him try to start it. Based on some hints I saw in the picture, it might have more problems than just a selenoid. Last time I bought a WH not running, I paid only $60 for it (Raider 12). The body on the 310 didn't look too bad. Start low, and negotiate. Offer $100, and see what his reaction is. I agree that $150 to $200 would be a good price if you don't find anything serious wrong with it. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Jim

tunahead72

Kevbo,

PM sent.

Wheel-N-It

Kevbo, thats not a bad looking 310. See if you can get it started by just jumping out the starter relay, or borrow a relay from someone and see if that is the problem. The mowing deck looks good from the picture. If the mowing deck is good, and everything else looks good I would ask the guy if he would take $250 for it as is. If he said yes, I would put the money in his hand, push the 310 on a trailer and take it home.

Kevbo

Thanks for the suggestions all!