Sign in to follow this  
chevyaddict83

Mounting plow ser#79252 to 416-8

chevyaddict83

I already have a set-up on the back axle of the tractor. How do i tell its the same thing as adaptor kit# 92-6833, Adaptor Kit ? Any help is appreciated.

MalMac

The blade you are wanting to put on is from a 260 series tractor. If you have a rear axel mount. The frame from what I can tell from parts diagram looks to be the same frame as the plows used on the garden tractors like your 416. I have never seen one in person like the one your trying to mount. You should not need the adapter if you already have a rear axel mount. I think the adapter your questioning about is to put that plow on a 260 tractor. Maybe someone else will chime in here that knows way more than I do.

Kelly

I had a plow here for a 260 series tractor, I think it will fit, you can remove all the lift hardware off the front of the plow that the 260's use, and you will have to make a lift point in the middle of the plow frame, to lift it on your tractor.

Tankman

I already have a set-up on the back axle of the tractor. How do i tell its the same thing as adaptor kit# 92-6833, Adaptor Kit ? Any help is appreciated.

Take a peek-a-boo here http://www.partstree...umer&mn=92-6833

I have a plow on my 416 and on my 414, neither use that mount.

chevyaddict83

Another question. Inherited a plow from a 552. Can that be made to fit? Sorry for the newb question

Sent from my 416-8

Kelly

It can be made to fit but you will have to cut it in half and make it longer, then you will need the old style rear mounting bracket, and probably have to make a new lever to angle the blade.

chevyaddict83

Ok. I quit tryin. Gonna bite the bullet and pay for the right one

Sent from my 416-8

Kelly

Blades are not that bad, I sell them from $75 to 200 but average is $150 + a axle bracket if you don't have one.