Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

Starting a Wild Project on a 1054 Frame!

Lane Ranger

My brother, David Ralph, has decided to take an old 1964 Wheel Horse 1054 frame that we had a place a 350 Honda motor on it.

He is working up a jackshaft with a sprocket for this project that will run the tractor.

This is a photo of the Honda 350 motor -which actually runs very well !

dscn6374.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2

dclarke

This should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing what "The Brother" does with this. :thumbs:

Jake Kuhn

Thats a very cool project! Can't wait to see some more progress on it. ~Jake

Vinylguy

Now here is a build that will really keep my interest. Awesome project. In fact i will be honored to supply the graphics for this radical custom. just let me know when you get ready and what you want.

posifour11

I love it!

neil

Fo9rgive my ignorance but what is a jackshaft ?

Lane Ranger

American Heritage Dictionary Definition:

jack·shaft (jabreve.gifkprime.gifshabreve.gifftlprime.gif)

n.

A short shaft that transmits motion from a motor to a machine, especially in an automobile.

A jackshaft will run a power point from one side with a motor to another side where you want to locate the power.

Basically a shaft with two pulleys for belt driven or sprockets when chain driven . Used on lots of cars.

Take a look on Ebay Neil . Just do a search and that should show you several types of jackshafts.

Coadster32

:omg: Gonna watch this one too.

(Hope your brother upgrades the front spindle bearings as well.) :hide:

Edited by Coadster32

546cowboy

That should get everyone's attention. Be interesting to see how he handles shifting and weather the rear end would take that kind of power NOT!!!! There will be many problems to overcome on this project to overcome. Hope you plan on more pictures throughout the project.

roost

how will it back up? i had similar idea only with a dirt bike motor, cool project!

Fun Engineer

Terry needs to do decals for a helmet also so David Ralph stays safe on that beast..

• Like 1

JUSS10

here is a little inspiration for you. Me and another guy from work built this for a work project (yeah, they gave us money to build this) for a competition. We never ended up racing it as it was too dangerous. We hit upwards of 40 miles per hour with 2 more gears to go. It has a suzuki ts250 motor and a rear axle from a honda ATV. The frame was originally from a parts 753. front axle and steering and all the rest is custom fabricated by me. Fun little machine and it was fast!

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

Thanks JUSS10! Great project. Inspiration is not as important on this one my brother is doing as perspiration is!!