Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Tired of Popping Wheelies...

Prater

Everytime I move forward the front wheels bounce off the ground with the tiller attached, so I finally came around to mounting some of the Jinma weights to the front of my 416. I just added a hitch extender from harbor freight and used some 5/8 all thread through the hitch pin and through the hole in the weights. I will weld a 1/2 x 3 inch steel bar on top of the hitch extender to hold the weights, right now I just have a piece of wood temporarily taking most of the weight off the all thread. I can now change the front wheels over to my skinny tri-ribs and not worry about the wheel weights. I will also weld a new set of front spindles with a gusset for more support against bending.

IMG_0943.jpg

• Like 2

Cole

Great Idea! now your ready to play bumper cars. :ychain:

SousaKerry

Ya know if that hood had the extra layer of black paint like it's supposed to, it would be heavy enough to keep the front end down... :ychain: :ychain:

1maidenfan

:text-yeahthat: :wicked: :text-datsphatyo:

Prater

I tilled up a neighbors garden this evening. No problems with the weight...unless you are my shoulders screeming at me for the turning workout....

Wheel-N-It

That is some serious weight you have added to the fron end. I like it. How many pounds have you added?

Prater

I have six 20-25 pound weights on the front. I can now take off in 3-High without working the clutch pulley to keep the front on the ground.

Wheel-N-It

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Yeah, that should hold it down for sure! Hey did you finish that retaining wall you were building?

• Like 1

Prater

One block left, i am waiting on a cement blade for my saw. Then i need some dirt hauled in and cement filler. Still a lot of work to do.

kpinnc

Those weights are perfect for these tractors. I haven't seen any others like these before. I like your setup!

I made a similar setup with mine, and they interchange from one machine to the next with the front hitch. I cut the large tang off the back of mine to keep them low enough to allow the hood to open. Still weighs 100+ lbs:

Edit: Please forgive the thread hijack. I was surprised to see more of these weights out there and how differently they are used...

Picture052.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00683.jpg