Sign in to follow this  
pinecone

trying to get a free 312-8 on wed.

pinecone

i'm a newbee with a 312-8. i'd say the condition is a 9.5. with only a mower deck. i'm a land surveyor thats working on a church locating wetlands for an addition. pulled in at 8 am with nobody around and saw a red tractor sitting above next to a barn. took out some worksheets to look official and went up. same 312-8 i have. looks like its been sitting there a bit. seat not attached but overall looks fine, i think the tires are better then mine, give it a 7 with the cobwebs, no deck att. hmm, no key. next day brought mine. fired up fine at 7:30 am, just let it cough a bit with the choke on to see if started, supprised the bat. had a charge. thank god it was the one i have or i would not know how to start it. i have talked to the minister and he had no idea it was there or what it was used for, no flat lawn to mow there, asked me if i was talking about the one inside the barn. hmm, got your attention now. i will follow up with the prospect (for me) and what is in the barn (for you), could be Green, or worse. i am just mower and love what i bought. restore is for you all. will never put a drop of water on mine and don't mow with the dew. just wish it had a cup holder. will keep it up and running for my grandsons. keep you posted. by the way i live in far away land, don't look for the minister. just good tues. nite chat. tried to post a photo of my tractor, said file too big to upload. will have to work on that. -pine

Trouty56

Hey there pinecone....cool story....welcome to the forum....

KATO

Welcome to :rs: , Interested to see whats in the barn.

don't forget :wwp:

Ken B

Welcome. Where in CT. did you say that was? :ychain:

pinecone

hmm. not good news. the 312-8 belongs to the grounds keeper. he will pass along my wish when he sees him. in the barn, no answer, prob. the equipment is used for the lawn work present. (can't be much. was hoping for a mower deck and plow or blower) keep you posted.