Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

Tires too big?

MaineDad

I bought a pair of turf tires from Joe's Power on eBay for my C-160 Auto. They are in great shape but seem too big. The are 23x10.5x12 five lug. The lugs line up with the holes, but the center hole on the rim is about an inch bigger than the hub center. The tire looks too close to the oil filter on the tranny too.

Should these size tires fit? What do you guys think?

Thanks,

DMESS

Sounds like a rim with a different hub diameter and offset from what Wheel Horse used. Any indications what they may have been off of? Rim color, tire brand etc?

MaineDad

Came from a Cub Cadet

dieselhorse

i bit its either a JD or Cub Cadet rim. The Cubs didnt have the centering boss like the Wheel Horse does, just a flat face hub. Thus the bolt pattern still lines up. The different brands used the same size rims, but with different offsets for the hub. They might have come off another horse, but are definaly not horse rims. As long as they dont rub or damage the oil fill tube, they should be fine.

MaineDad

i bit its either a JD or Cub Cadet rim. The Cubs didnt have the centering boss like the Wheel Horse does, just a flat face hub. Thus the bolt pattern still lines up. The different brands used the same size rims, but with different offsets for the hub. They might have come off another horse, but are definaly not horse rims. As long as they dont rub or damage the oil fill tube, they should be fine.

Even if the hub is smaller?

TT

They should be fine, Micah.

I've seen a few of the Commando 800 small centered hubs with the larger 12" wheels bolted to them and they stay tight.

You could always buy ten 7/16-20 X 1 1/2" long fully-threaded grade 5 or 8 bolts and screw them out through the hubs from the back side. Standard GM 7/16-20 car/truck lug nuts will screw on the bolts from the wheel side, making it just like a car. (older car, that is. B) )

That way you won't have to try to hold the wheel in place while you get the lug bolts started.

If you have clearance issues, get in touch with Kevin (kpinnc) about wheel spacers. He had a nice set made for his Bronco 14. :whistle:

MaineDad

Well - they fit fine. They just looked so big compared to the 8.5 tires. I should still have room for tire chains in the winter.

Thanks!

WheelHorse_of_course

Micah,

Can't you just put these on your rims? Or am I forgetting something about your C-160?

How are the crops. Seems like time for some tomatoes and the melons should be tantalizing but not ready for a few more weeks.

bo dawg

I would see about switching the lugs to your other rims.

I got a set of turf tires on what I thought was WH rims, the center hole of the rims were slightly smaller. They went on tight, but then notice before I rolled it out B) the inside of the left side tire had no clearance.

Compared to the original WH rims, the mount is more centered. WH rims off set out more to the outside from the ones I've seen. Never payed any attention to it till then.

bo dawg :whistle: