Sign in to follow this  
whc160

UPGRADED WINTER TEAM

whc160

Well it was 50 Deg. here yesterday so I worked on getting the team ready. I have made some up grades since last year. The 1st is I went from 8.50's on the 76 which is the plow tractor to 10.50's. I loaded them with beet juice. The tire, wheel, & juice add up to 103 lbs each. Also got a new set of chains for the 10.50's.

8236221896_5287015fdc_m.jpg

8235158839_22702d65d1_m.jpg

2nd is I picked up a tall chute single stage blower from Kelly awhile back. Got it mounted up on the 75. I have a short chute, but am not a big fan of the cable turn. Have a few things to do to the blower yet. I want to install a new chain, fix some dents in the auger, & then lube every thing up.

8236226532_2cce0a869d_m.jpg

Hope we get a little more snow than last year. Used the plow 2 times & the blower 1 time last year. Not alot of seat time.

• Like 2

leeave96

Beet juice - never heard of that!

I've also got a cable turn chute on my snowthrower. I noticed some of the late model ones have what looks like a worm drive on the turning shaft gizmo and gear teeth on the chute. I wonder if that's a much better set-up? I've had my cable slip loose blowing snow and it ain't fun wrestling with it in the dark, snowing with COLD hands! If an upgrade was available, it might be something to consider.

Sparky

Yep...yer all set! Those wide ag's with 2 link-chains look mean :stupid: , should grab real nice. Your going to love the way the tall chute works compared to the short chute. Not only is the chute turning mechanism much better, the blower itself will throw the snow easily twice as far in my opinion.

I was going to ask what the HP was on those machine but then checked out your signature.....never mind :grin: .

Mike..........

Jake Kuhn

Thats a nice team. You'll never see an issue with them. :bow-blue:

Tankman

Great lookin' snow pair! I'm just getting ready but, don't think (or hope) I'll use the blowers, time will tell. 416-8 left w/ 48" blade, 414-8 w/ 42" blade on the right. Duh, I'm the only driver since my boys moved on. Decks are still on the Raider and "No Name" although they have both short chute blowers. What for? WHD (Wheel Horse Disease), I "needed" them (?). :-)

Just picked the 48" blade off CL last week, complete, $200.

Chains aren't on, will put on "if" the forecast is "evil." :-)

Oh, decals by the Vinylguy! Excellent reproductions!

• Like 1

whc160

Thanks guys !

Beet juice - never heard of that!

I've also got a cable turn chute on my snowthrower. I noticed some of the late model ones have what looks like a worm drive on the turning shaft gizmo and gear teeth on the chute. I wonder if that's a much better set-up? I've had my cable slip loose blowing snow and it ain't fun wrestling with it in the dark, snowing with COLD hands! If an upgrade was available, it might be something to consider.

It is called Rimguard. I also have a set of 8.50 bar tires loaded with it. The tire, wheel, & juice weight 85 lbs each. I like it because you do not have to use tubes. No pumping the tire down & back up to make a repair. Just put a plug in it.

Here is a link to Rimguard http://www.rimguard.biz/

Kelly

Looks good I hope you get to try that blower out, I just yesterday got my blower out still not on but soon, along with the cab.

Tankman

My Polish Grandmother always served Borscht!

Guess in the tires it's "lunch to go?" :-)

Drinkin' 'n drivin'?

Kevbo

Is adding rimguard hard on the rear? I live on a hill and would consider it....

whc160

Is adding rimguard hard on the rear? I live on a hill and would consider it....

As long as you add weight to the wheels weather loading them with some kind of liquid or weights in the wheels the rear end will be ok. When you hang weight on the tractor then it puts stress on the axles & bearings.

varosd

Team Varos is ready for Winter!

photo8.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

Oh yes, Trevor is also ready...Woof!

• Like 2

welderman85

nice upgrades.i got my single stage blower out but its not on yet. same story with my plow . but i will get to them soon

ericj

got the 2 stage blower on the 520-H put the plow frame on the 310-8 with a K301 12 hp on it i leave the blade off the frame for storage room, plan on putting a plow on a 416-8 another 520-H, and possibly my 520-8. will see if i can get pictures up some day, allmost forgot i have a plow on my 75 C 120 auto with down pressure. i don't like to run chains if i can get away with it, i run ag tires on most of my tractors

Fun Engineer

Looking good Don.

speedyleedy

Whc 160 you have a Great looking team of snow horse's ! :bow-blue:

squonk

C-160with rears loaded up with RV antifreeze and plow:

IMG_0335.jpg

Tall shoot waiting nearby:

IMG_0336.jpg

704 with sidewalk scraper:

IMG_0333.jpg

PK Elvis for fun!!:

IMG_0334.jpg

• Like 1

whc160

:woohoo: I think I found my next upgrade today. Met with the general manager of the company that owns the garage I work at. We got to talking about me collecting :wh: . He said he had a :wh: & sold it about 5 years ago. Then he goes on to tell me that he still has the snow plow. He had taken it to the local :wh: dealer to sell it for him. The dealer has never called him to say he sold it. So he asks if I am interested in it. Of course I said most likely & for sure if it is a 48". I already have two 42" plows. So I told him I will stop by the dealer to see what it is for sure & I will get back to him.