Sign in to follow this  
Wheel-N-It

I was not expecting this!

Kevbo

Nice 416! It was very nice to read all your updates. I love the post bath pictures when posted :handgestures-thumbupright: The 416-8 was a popular model made from 1985-1997 so you should be able to find lots of availalbe parts if ever needed!

tommyg

Snow plow can push more than snow!

Wheel-N-It

Hey, I thought I would show ya'll what the 416 is looking like in its running/driving state. Remember the wheels and tires on it in the pic are not the correct ones. The rears are 8.50's so they are too skinny, and I think they may be 22 inches in diameter. The rear tires should be 23 inch in diameter x 9.50 inch wide. The front tires are not the correct diameter either. The front wheels on it now are 6 inch diameter. The correct front wheels should be 8 inches in diameter. Also remember I had to put these wheels/tires on because one of the rear tires and one of the front tires would not hold air. So after Christmas I got to get serious about what kind of tires I am going to put on this Horse. I am open for suggestions about what color to paint the wheels. Please give me some ideas on wheel colors.

post-5982-0-42092100-1355463053_thumb.jp

Tankman

The Stallion will look great with the new donuts. 400 series wheels were silver, I used Duplicolor "Wheel Paint" Silver on my

'88 414-8 and '85 416-8 rims. Look great, original. Paint dries very fast. Used the rattle can, simple.

Just changed, '85 416-8, wheel studs to bolts (7/16-20 x 1 1/2" long), flat washers and lug nuts (7/16-20 thread), blue Threadlocker on the bolts, all chrome. Nice! Followed instructions in this forum, Thanks New Hampsha!

"Shoeing" the Horse has never been easier. Going to change the other three Horses over too.

• Like 1

Kevbo

They sell that Duplicolor wheel paint at pep boys. It is some good stuff!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I like the photography you've included in this thread Van...a good :wh: eye you've got there.

If you're considering a change, I'm voting you change to a high gloss BLACK on all four corners.

Really serves to make these ol' horses look tough. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

gcole

I think on the tires ags and tri ribs would look amazing and on the wheel colour white or black would look really good

• Like 1