Sign in to follow this  
cruisnblue48

Picked up a new 314-8 this week

cruisnblue48

Scored a 1995 Wheel Horse 314-8 model 73400 earlier this week from c-list. Think I got a great deal on this one. Tractor was well used as it has 1142 hours on her but seems to have been well maintained over the years. Only paid $500 for this one which included a 42" mower deck, single stage snow blower attachment, wheel weights on all fours, and a special custom cup holder! 14hp Kohler Magnum engine runs great and there is absolutely no loose play in the steering. This is my 5th Wheel Horse tractor that I have acquired in the past year and a half... my first "newer" tractor to play along with four other older "round hoods".

post-5879-0-70172300-1354149607_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-20117500-1354149665_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-14388200-1354149744_thumb.jp

1maidenfan

:woohoo:

good looking tractor... :handgestures-thumbupright: :greetings-clappingyellow:

roscoemi

I like the cup holder.

BOWTIE

HELLO, I SAW THAT TRACTOR FOR SALE. IT WAS A LITTLE TO FAR FOR ME HERE IN OHIO. I THOUGHT THE TRACTOR MAY BE A 96 WITH THAT PTO BELT COVER. THE STEERING WHEEL AND FOOT REST PADS TELL ME 95 OR OLDER. IT'S LOOK LIKE A LOT OF TRACTOR FOR THE PRICE. DO YOU HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER AVAILABLE, MAYBE IT'S LATE 95. THANKS

BOWTIE IN OHIO

AMC RULES

Looks like another nice one you've added to the collection. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Cup holder...RU sure that's not the optional :wh: blender...

for making margarita's on the fly, mounted on your rear fender there? :)

Edited by #1 WHEELHO

Sparky

Good lookin machine. I bet it feels like a Caddy compared to your round-hoods.

Mike........

855ownerJoel

Nice find. One question many of the older tractors had lighters, new ones have cup holders, did they smoke in the old days, and we drink more today??? Hmmmm, makes me think, what's next? Maybe that is a blender on the fender maybe #1 WHEELHO is correct....

Wheel-N-It

She's Pretty :)

cruisnblue48

Well, the s/n starts with 5900... pretty sure it's a 1995 possibly late that year but the previous owner did think it was a '93. Anyway, it also came with new blades and belts. I also have both of the deck belt guards which were not installed on the deck. This tractor is a beast compared to my little round hood ponies for sure... but it is a really nice ride.

Jake Kuhn

Nice looking tractor! :handgestures-thumbup:

cruisnblue48

The serial number is 5901838. Model number 73400. Maybe someone here on Red Square can confirm if this tractor was actually manufactured in mid to late year 1995.

Wheel-N-It

It sure looks like it was never abused, so it probably had regular maintenance performed on it. I would buy that one in a minute. You did very well on that deal.

Tankman

Very nice, does indeed look cared for.

With the "blender" you need to change the lift arm grip.

A Bud Light tap handle should do the trick! Adds incentive to get

the mowin' done. :-)

Irv

Yes, that would be a mid 1995 with that serial # according to the Toro website. Nice tractor. I have a "93 314-8 and I love it.

welderman85

very nice tractor. i have a 314h it is my main go to tractor. good at everthing

ericj

i saw that one on c/l also we actually live fairly close good deal on that one and good luck with it

eric

varosd

Saw it also and you got a nice deal. looks like it cleaned up real nice!!

leeave96

My first NEW tractor of any kind was a 314-8 - just like you have. Mine is a 1997 year model with the Kohler Magnum engine on it too. I believe that was the last year of the all cast iron Kohler engines in these tractors. I bought the tractor in 1998 and it was a left over 1997. I had to search several towns for Wheelhorse dealers who had one. It still is my favorite tractor of my fleet, though the 1992 year model 520H with 20 hp Onan and swept forward AND Matt's foot control kit is creeping up on it in the "like" department... :)

BTW - I have found the BEST way to keep the hours down on my individual tractors and yet roll up a ton of hours is to have a fleet to run and divide the hours between them... :woohoo::happy-jumpeveryone:

Bill

Wheelhorse84

Nice tractor. 500 is a steal.

Wheel-N-It

BTW - I have found the BEST way to keep the hours down on my individual tractors and yet roll up a ton of hours is to have a fleet to run and divide the hours between them... :woohoo::happy-jumpeveryone:

Bill

I believe you are absolutely right Bill! I like the way you think :)

cruisnblue48

Yes, now that I have 5 Wheel Horse tractors, that's 5 times more fun I can have than if I had just one. I just happened to be lucky enough to be the first one to make contact with the owner for the purchase of this tractor. Thanks to all of the comments and observations about the new addition to my growing collection. I have had the opportunity to learn so much about Wheel Horse tractors through reading all of the RedSquare forums and attending shows the past year and a half. Can't thank you all enough for helping me grow my interest in these little ponies.