Sign in to follow this  
chris sutton

2nd UK Wheelhorse Round-Up

Stigian

I need to get liability ins as well. Pain for just two shows a tear. I'll see what the NFU say to me and I'll give Cherished a call as well. Ian. £39 for a year or just one show?

Ow do, the insurance if for a year even though I only need it for a couple of days.. Ho hum..

Charlie Smith

Righty here,

Can someone help me, I got my form and wrist bands etc this morning, BUT.

What insurance do I exactly need myself and my wheel horse is covered for PLI (public liability) by NFU but do I need any other insurance, ?? Or would public liability cover me if I just parked it up and didn't move it until the show was over?

Thanks

Charlie

meadowfield

Have you got insurance that specifically covers your tractor and a policy note then that should be enough.

Insurance is a minefield... I think a few people are going to duck out of Ardingly because of the stress and politics of insurance.

If you dig deep enough you will find enough red tape and good reason to find ambiguity in the wording and legalities... Unfortunately a lot of people are good at doing this and always look for the worst outcome!

Charlie Smith

No I don't think I have insurance that specifically covers my tractor?

Where could I get this from? And what would I be asking for? What would it need to cover, the confusion I'm having at the minute is I don't know exactly what insurance I need and what it needs to cover me for, :/

Thanks

meadowfield

Start by calling the NFU or cherished as above. Will be around 40 quid for the year, a small price to pay for cover against fire/theft.

Also covers you for the shows - well mine does...

If I stare enough at the legal bit on the policy then you'll find a loop hole in any policy that doesn't cover you!!! That's how legal docs are drawn up, specific enough to cover all eventualities and ambiguous to get out of any !

Mark

Charlie Smith

So, I guess I shall contact the insurance companies and ask for a policy that covers me for fire and theft, display usage (shows)

Thanks mark

Stormin

Third party should do as a minimum. Mine, with Cherished, covers use at shows/rallies and ploughing matches. Use whilst towing a trailer or implements for demonstration purposes. Not business or tractor pulling.

Charlie Smith

Do you have a number I can contact them on?

Charlie Smith

Whoop finally after 2 hours of phone calls and 30 minutes of being on hold I've finally got my insurance sorted, got it down to £34.50 not too bad, see you all soon hopefully

Stormin

Well done. :thumbs:

pmackellow

Just over two weeks to the show now, safe journey to everyone thats coming and see you there !!

pmackellow

Hope we get the same weather as this weekend has been down here in the South East :)

meadowfield

This year show stickers arrived today :)

a0ec89fefb8ad96db9a55f56c1f5883d_zpsd4dd

Anglo Traction

Smart Stickers Mark.

Drove past the Showground today with the Van full of Lathe Parts (relocating to my Horley Workshop) . Lots of Trailers on the Road heading to Ardingly.

Forecast is for 31c+/88f dry, sunny and probably dusty..........what a contrast to last year!. I'll see you all there tomorrow.

Only way to tolerate it is to drink lots :beer: , move very slowly and take lots of Pics !

Stigian

The trailer is loaded up and ready to go..

See you in the morning guy's, save me a big parking spot :laughing-rofl::)

TSS15211_zps87973a6e.jpg

TSS15212_zpsb403bbd5.jpg

And a fun photo while I was out testing the ol girl this afternoon  :D

TSS15210_zps2fff3055.jpg

• Like 1