Sign in to follow this  
JoeM

520H Steering Tie Rod Removal Tool

JoeM

Started on another winter project. Another 520H recondition. Tore a few pages out of the Duke's steering play removal manual, and the on the way I went……………….until, I wanted to remove the tie rod ends from the spindles and center steering link. I did not have a small pickle fork and the ends were about as tight in the fit as any I’ve ever seen. I made up this tool from a piece of 1 ½â€ pipe, ¾â€ flat washer and a small piece of flat bar. I used a 6 inch “C†clamp to provide mechanical force. Worked pretty well. I must say, I had to use a cheater to give extra torque on the C clamp and they all came off with a pop! Just wanted to share.

post-6026-0-84257700-1354065164.jpgpost-6026-0-46745900-1354065165.jpgpost-6026-0-44667700-1354065166.jpgpost-6026-0-96406200-1354065165.jpg

• Like 2

1maidenfan

Excellent craftsmanship there! :happy-jumpeveryone:

312Hydro

Great tool,doesn't mess up the boots either! :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wheel-N-It

You should patent that and sell it to Snap-On :)

HorseFixer

Fine Work! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Duke Approved. :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

:handgestures-thumbupright:

JoeM

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I did want to say I said I used 1 1/2" pipe, but I used 2 inch pipe. Sorry for the error!

Joe