Sign in to follow this  
Foozerush

Scored a well used snowplow on CL

Foozerush

Picked up a snowplow off CL for my 416-8. Been looking off and on for a lil while.... Looks older to me by the sticker on the blade.... Been repaired on frame.... turn lever needs attention..... $60 bucks.... No rear bracket.... Will post better pics tomorrow to show whats up with the lever......1353984460.jpg

Sparky

Looks like it was extended....maybe to fit a long wheelbase machine like your 416 :scratchead: . I hope the lifting point is where you need it.

Mike............

jusjeepn

Is it a "V" frame? That looks like a late 60's to mid 70's dozer blade. The frame has been extended but it was to the front so your lift point will remain the same. Wether it works or not on your 416 will be determined by what frame you have. The straight angle lever will not fit your tractor without modification. Someone may even trade you the correct one for your tractor. The frame may also have to be cut and put back where it belongs or add a bracket to the front that clips into your frt attach-a-matic. The extension will more than likely allow alot more push (sideways) to the dozer frame that, in turn, may cause a damaged dozer frame, a damaged plow mount, or worse. Think of it as adding a cheater bar on standard size ratchet. It gives you alot more leverage but there is a lot higher potential for breakage.

This was my solution on a 520H.

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Blade raised

015-1.jpg

Blade lowered

004-1.jpg

• Like 3

Foozerush

Got some better Pics to show..... When I got it, i noticed the welded spots on frame.... I took it as it was just repaired, but I think it was made longer... Dont know.... and the rod to swing the blade is modified also ( see pic). Too tired to pull deck off and slide under tractor too see if things will align up.... and yes I still have to find rear bracket for tranny..... JusJeep..... that is a slick set up on yours..... anymore input on anybodys thoughts are appreciated!! 1354064584.jpg1354064236.jpg1354064344.jpg1354064536.jpg1354064418.jpg1354064616.jpg1354064500.jpg....

Kelly

I'm 99% sure it was cut and made longer, the handle looks stock, Get a pic of the whole blade, mainly from the back include the rear of the blade, before you buy a axle bracket you need to be sure what blade you have, the older blades use the old style bracket, your blade looks like the old style short frame, I have both style brackets for sale.

jusjeepn

I agree with Kelly, it does look like like a modified short frame.

This is the bracket you'll need for the short frame

103112114546.jpg

chevrat68

I have a blade I extended and made a new handle with a cable pulley system for the angle. Don't know how handy you are but let me know if you would like pics to be emailed to you. All parts purchased at local hardware store.

Foozerush

Had some time this AM to pull deck off tractor and pressure wash it and shot up the zerks with grease and put away for winter storage. Put the snowblade under the tractor to see what i'm getting into.... well I put the rear of the plow frame under axel where it should hook up, looks like the raise point will work just need a longer chain, and seeing that the blade angle lever needs moved forward about 10-12 inches..... SIGH.. :banghead: ....... I thought this was gonna be easy Bolt-on and done kinda thing..... 1354562052.jpg..... 1354562060.jpg.....1354562065.jpg....So now I need to weigh my options here.... Sell it and get the correct one? or Find someone with torch and welder and make it work?? The blade is in fine condition, the cutter bar still has a little life left, the pivot moves smooth, the frame doesn't seem weak, the welded patches are solid. So it looks like I'm gonna go get the little Lawnboy snowblower out and ready in case we get a freak snow storm even though its like 55 degrees right now... Chevrat thanks for offer of pics to see your handy work on your plow...... foozerush@yahoo.com :greetings-waveyellow: So here is my question.... sell it, or pay someone to make it work?

Rock farmer

Foozerush,

Does it fit the tractor with the angle arm removed?

If it were me, I'd use it without the angle feature. Just to see how it works.

I think you may find there's really little need to ever set it at an angle.

Joe

Tankman

Foozerush,

Does it fit the tractor with the angle arm removed?

If it were me, I'd use it without the angle feature. Just to see how it works.

I think you may find there's really little need to ever set it at an angle.

Joe

If it works without the angle "arm", you can stop and angle the blade manually.

I purchased a Commando 800 Horse with a blade, swapped some parts, sold the Horse for more than I paid. I only needed the blade and lever angle adjust.

Put a bent up 48" blade that I had, took the newer 42" for my use (414-8 right side).

Foozerush

Rock farmer... I believe it will work with the lever off, I need to pm Kelly and get the right rear bracket from him, but I would like to have the adjust from the seat feature, have a lot of sidewalks and rolling the snow to the side would work. Tankman.... Like to get a deal like that but with x-mas close... Wifey been doing good job spending my OT on kids and grand kids gifts.... So I've put this on the back burner for now, and one good thing my ol snowblower started on 3rd pull, so at least that went my way today.....

Kelly

When your ready for that axle bracket let me know, and heck I'm only about a hour or so north of you, you might just drive up.

Foozerush

Here is the pic kelly.1354570229.jpg

Kelly

Yes that is the old style blade.

Tankman

I once made my own frame, angle iron, from scratch. Fab'd the tranny mount too. The first hanging bracket I made was simply angle iron, two clearance holes for the plow frame horizontal rod, two clearance holes for the vertical bolts, a piece of flatbar with two holes for topside of the tranny axle. Wasn't quick connect but worked fine.

I would get a rear hanging bracket, the one you should have. Then cut and lengthen the frame you purchased. I believe if you don't add length to the frame you can't angle the blade; front tires would stop the blade from angling. What is the current length of your new frame?

Angle iron pieces could be welded in or bolted on. I would add the length 'tween the angle lever mount and the rear hanging rod; just about in the middle.

The adjustment lever would need to be cut and, weld a piece of flatbar to stretch the lever horizontally ('bout 2"). I did so with the vertical lever, not difficult. The bend on the lever is to clear the horizontal muffler on the 414 magnum. **Notes** Had to cut a notch for the lever to clear the brake pedal. On my 414-8. The 1/8" Ø rod was purchased at Lowes, me, and bent to fit (me). The skateboard grip tape on the footrests works great.

The blade age doesn't matter, the blade itself would fit a newer style frame.

Commando 800 with the old 48" blade I swapped for the unbent 42" blade.

Gene_S

Foozerush I have one in Wabash IN if you want a long frame plow that fits your tractor. Message me if interested and we'll talk details.