Sign in to follow this  
groundhog47

Assistance needed in id of NOS parts

groundhog47

Met a 91 yo male , used to sell Wheel Horse tractors and still has some parts. The belts that have Wheel Horse on them have a number. The internals and mechanicals I could see (remember PICKERS piles) are not in packages but some on a shelf and some in bins; and as had no light was only able to ID a class (like trans or mower). I arranged to make a return visit with flashlight. The bad part is a lot of marine parts in there also. Did WH ever make a steer wheel without logo on hub? They wanted to sell me the kit and kaboodle, but it's in an 18wheel type trailer way worn to tow. Any help appreciated!

Sparky

I think the Black Hoods have no WH logo in the center. 1980-1984.

Mike..........

groundhog47

I think the Black Hoods have no WH logo in the center. 1980-1984.

Mike..........

Aha, thanks, this one's a three spoke, and didn't look boat type. Will research that route, year he was dealer fits.

Kelly

The 78 up tractors used a 3 spoke wheel with no logo, but still have a 3/4" hole and cross drilled for roll pin.

KC9KAS

Sounds like you may be in for a bunch of new parts!

dw753

Make sure to post pics

Road-Track

My 83 does not have a logo on the three spoke wheel (but it looks like something use to be there before it fell off.. :banghead: ) , but my 84 does on a 2 spoke? :eusa-think:

groundhog47

Appointment for closer flashlight, touchy, feely, and diggy inspection Sat. Will be wearing some diapers just in case, ha. As didn;t see any boxed stuff prob only a few parts of consequence, but I can't wait to dig. The RED part I did find appears to be something from a mower, unlike any I've seen cept ebay. The belts are in a heap about 2 feet deep and not bagged so may be age dead. I will try and get some pics. Oh yes, does the steer wheel you mention have a brass hub; will also check for roll pin hole if it uses one.

Edited by groundhog47

groundhog47

Sounds like you may be in for a bunch of new parts!

There are only three shelves with apparent parts but the floor is covered with boxes and belts, and what appears mostly marine/boat "stuff". I may have my hopes up to high, but agreed if nothin' I can use to help id so they can properly pass it on. What I may learn will be worth it all.

krazy_horse

Gerry,going thru that plunder sounds like fun, wish we lived closer that is if you needed any help. Good hunting.

groundhog47

Gerry,going thru that plunder sounds like fun, wish we lived closer that is if you needed any help. Good hunting.

Man, I would love some more knowledgeable eyes, I've been studying ebay and parts books and pdf's trying to get ready for the BIG flashlight revue. Just saw a post where someone showed a steer wheel in a trailer that looks just like one in the "stuff". Just hope they don't find an take it all dealer before Sat. Would have spent more time lookin' before but Joe at 91 was kinda nuff to walk 300 ft or more and let me peer at some while his daughter was panickin'. Found out he was down in knees and chest pain -RO- cardiac so I felt pretty guilty. Bad news he already gave away his WH to someone who bought his boat. As wife says"it wasn't meant to be". As hard as I've been lookin' these past 3 months I was so excited yo'da thought it was gold, Ha. BUT AFTER ALL isn't it.