Sign in to follow this  
SousaKerry

The other Sundstrand driven machine

SousaKerry

Wend down to Ohio for Turkey-day and had to help Dad take off some corn since it was such a nice day. Got to drive the new to him combine for the first time for about 3 1/2 hours. The machine is a Allis Chalmers (Deutz-Allis) Gleaner R50 driven by an Air Cooled Deutz Diesel engine 190 Hp. Driving a Sundstrand Hydro Trasmission, and a 6 row corn head. The beast burns about 5gal/hr but it sure beats the heck out of the M2 dad was running till the engine blew last season. Had it running about 3.5 MPH and coulda went faster if the header would keep up. This is the first rotary my Dad has owned.

Here is a video of the cab ride

http://youtu.be/H9E9qtyFXN0

ol550

The Gleaner Rotarys would do the job and not reseed behind themselves like one particular brand that was green. :handgestures-thumbup: Had a R70 at

the dealership I worked at that we used for demo's. First place I drove it there were almost as many sunflowers as beans. Would handle

any sunflower stalk that the sickle would cut off. Later sold to a guy that ran a hedge post into it. Tore up the upper feed chain and bent

part of the cage. Many days later new cage and off to the races.

KC9KAS

I see a few of those around here, as we have an ALLIS CHALMERS/NEW HOLLAND dealer here in town. Of course, AC is no longer made, but they still have many customers and lots of parts. They also sell FORD now.

baerpath

Long way from the F and G models I grew up with LOL

Duane

post-121-0-34645400-1354025106_thumb.jpg