Sign in to follow this  
DT RED

springs everywhere springs

DT RED

Hello guys,

I have a really solid 212-5 with 42" deck (looking for rear discharge), Plow, 36" snowblower, chains and weights. Everything is solid. Just put on my blower for first time - not too bad. However, I noticed in the fall the tractor seemed to need some brake and clutch adjustment and it didnt seem to go as quick as I thought it should and the brakes are week.. That said I tried to adjust the &$#@!!!!Q#$$ springs on the brake adjustment and cluch spring adjustmet. was easy to remove them, 30 seconds. Spent the next three hours trying to figure out where they shot tooo, what holes the need to move to and the bigges trouble (assuming I am even attemping to put them into the right holes) but my biggest issue is getting the back into the bracket. I have tried everything I know and I cannot get the spring to get into the hole. Somebody has to have a trick for this and i sure would appreciate it. If the snow blower does the job I am taking entire package in for sandblast and paint and this should go anohter 20 years, though it doesnt have much rust now.

Thanks,

Don

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Sure wish I could help you out but I don't have any expierence with those tractors. I'm sure someone will know exactly what to do and tell you soon.

Cole

:WRS: I Have a 212-H so I don't know if yours has the same setup as mine with mine being a hydro. Can you post some pics of where the spring goes. :eusa-think: