Sign in to follow this  
krazy_horse

John Deere 214

krazy_horse

I have an early 70's J.D.214 with a Kohler 14 horse engine. Was this a big box store tractor or a dealer model? I bought this tractor used several years ago. It is a heavy weight at 660 pounds.

Edited by krazy_horse

groundhog47

Say, Jim, couldn't find anythang but data on JD-214 1975-1987. I'd guess though a dealer type unit as beefy as it looks. Am sure you're familiar with Tractordata.com if you want to check your serial no. out and the other specifics out. Have a great evenin'!

Kingwood990

The 214 is a dealer only tractor. I have one and its a very tough machine.

Cole

I agree, I also think this is a dealer model, You know JD wants to show you how great their brand is so they would choose a top of the line model, by looking at it and seeing how tough it looks.

Kelly

I have one here it'a parts machine and is built VERY well for their mid level tractor.

Jake Kuhn

A 214 is a nice heavy duty tractor, my grandpa owned one at one time. I would think it would be a dealer model as well.

rustyoldjunk

they were dealer models.the 200 series was the gear drive line then while the 300,400 series were the hydro lines.you can go to weekendfreedommachines.com for a lot of good info and a place to put in your model and serial numbers to get info on your tractor.

krazy_horse

Thanks Guy's for all your help. I have owned this tractor for a while but trying to learn all I can about it. krazy_horse

T-Mo

Go to www.weekendfreedommachines.com and click on the "Registry" tab at the top and you can do a serial number search to get info on your 214, year made, where made, etc. The 214 was part of the line that replaced the venerable 110/112 line. The design dates back to the first JD lawn & garden tractor, the 110, which was introduced in 1963. The 200 series included the 200, 208, 210, 212, 214 and 216. The line debuted in 1975 to replaced the 110 and 112. They are a very heavy duty garden tractor. Attachments included a snow blade, snow blower, tiller, mid or center blade, integral hitch. The 210 is known as having one of the highest weight to hp ratio. They're pretty much bullet proof.

• Like 1