Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorse84

Front wheel weights on eBay

Wheelhorse84

So there was a set a front wheel weights on eBay that said they were for a C195. They look like just the regular front cast iron Wheelhorse weights that would fit any Wheelhorse. They went for $305 plus shipping. That's the most I've ever seen a set go for was there something different about these?

AMC RULES

LOL! :scared-eek: Could you imagine? :ROTF:

Kelly

Nope same weights as a C or any other 8" wheel with two holes to hold them on, the early front weights will not fit the 520 with the forward swept axle but the newer ones will, they look the same but the center hole is bigger, I have both styles.

Wheelhorse84

So someone just went crazy then. Makes me wanna sell mine. Well not really.

Kelly

:text-yeahthat: I was thinking the same thing, I have 3 complete sets front and rears, what would they be worth??? :hide:

Wheelhorse84

As long as you had a few good men that wanted and could afford both they could get crazy.

1maidenfan

Wow!!! and the rears went for $222 plus shipping. :woohoo:

I sold a set just like that to a redsquare member for $100 if I remember correctly, but they were black, maybe thats why the red ones sold for so much. :eusa-think:

kpinnc

And to think I have a buddy who works at a foundry and offerered to make copies of mine for $50 per set.... :eusa-think:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Sign me up, I'll take a couple sets. :popcorn:

rydogg

WOW!!! I think I will list my set of front and rear weights and see what how they sell.

Shuboxlover

So someone just went crazy then. Makes me wanna sell mine. Well not really.

You mean TWO people went crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Takes two to bid it up that high

Wheelhorse84

Yup

midnight rambler

yeh if i would have know they were worth that i would have kept them

Wheelhorse84

You did well.

TT

yeh if i would have know they were worth that i would have kept them

They're only worth about $.16/lb if you keep them though. :ychain:

Joe's Outdoor Power has the matching 12" rears for $299.99 - if anyone hates their money that much! :hilarious:

rydogg

I sold a set of the off white rear weights on ebay a couple months ago for $140 I think they went to a member here it seems as though the red ones sell for more so I guess I will be in the shop tonight shooting some primer and getting some weights ready to be red.

• Like 1

Wheelhorse84

I just noticed something. It got up to $305 plus shipping and it says reserve not met. Someone's playing games.

Rock farmer

I was watching that too.

I couldn't understand what I was missing.

But if you look really closely you can see where the paint is chipped away

Pure gold!

I just bought a 50" mid mount grader blade for $250.

I felt I was paying too much even with a set of wheel weights.

But, now I know the weights were worth more than that!

I did good.

Joe

smokin joe

The reserve was met and the buyer bought both the front and rears from me.The reserve was actually set at about half what each set brought.I did not expect this but am very happy with the results of the auction.

• Like 3

Wheelhorse84

So the 305 was for fronts and rears. Cause only the fronts were pictured.

Kelly

They sold separate, the rears were 195 or D series weights, I had them in my watch but went for more than I wanted to spend, he got $528 for both sets, I don't blame him for selling them for that, bummer ebay is going to take about $60 of it for selling fees and paypal fees.

RCTruckDaddy

I just bought a set of front weights and a set of rear weights and chains for 23-10.50 for $50 last week. The rears don't fit anything I have though. They are too big for 12" rims. They are 14" across. They are the ring type. Not solid. But very heavy. But still a good deal that I couldn't pass up.

• Like 1

1maidenfan

They sold separate, the rears were 195 or D series weights, I had them in my watch but went for more than I wanted to spend, he got $528 for both sets, I don't blame him for selling them for that, bummer ebay is going to take about $60 of it for selling fees and paypal fees.

Just checked Ebay for wheel weights and there is 4 or 5 sets on there now, Kelly must have listed his... :eusa-think::ychain: :laughing-rofl:

Kelly

not mine, they are still on tractors, but people see them bring good money and stick them on to sell, but like I said the fees you pay can kill the deal.

rydogg

I painted mine with valspar primer and IH resto red a couple days ago and took a couple pictures today...I will offer these to redsquare members for $350 for the complete set plus shipping. I do have one person coming tomorrow to look at a bunch of stuff if he passes I will list them in the classifieds if no one is interested I will try my luck on ebay or keep them and put them on my C121. I am always interested in round hoods and attachments for trade.

wheelhorse328.jpg

wheelhorse329.jpg