Sign in to follow this  
tractornut86

Difference in collecters and collections.

AMC RULES

Personally, I'm glad you and your brother are here Harry. :thumbs: :thumbs:

:woohoo: Just like one big happy :wh: family. :romance-grouphug:

Edited by 16HORSE THUMPER

squonk

13 replies in the original post is no responses?? :scratchead: :scratchead: :confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Trouty56

I am a bit put out that when the Tractornut brothers say that they felt somewhat unaccepted, or that there is a buddy system, and that there are those who hate the forum and then after that some of the responses in this thread say to them..."if you don't like it leave".....well maybe a bit harsh there. I think there are some things to learn from this thread. Some of what is said could be...or is true. I've felt like that sometimes. Just being honest!! I don'r take it to heart though. It is all just virtual talk and could easily misconstrued.

nylyon

I'll go back to what I said before. It's an interesting tractor, but in that original post there was no story behind it. If you want to generate interest in your post (here or anywhere for that matter) you've got to put in some more detail. Tell the story behind it, give the information that you know. Where did you pick it up from, how long did it take to restore, have you researched anything on this?

While I agree with you that there are groups here who are tight knit, I also think that it's a welcoming group. While you obviously have a nice collection, it doesn't speak for itself, you need to do that. Since you have some rare ones, why not make an informative post on what they are all about? Not only would it get you more recognition, but also educate everyone on some of the lesser known models.

Just my 2 cents worth.

And you and your brother are more than welcome here, and this is an interesting post.

• Like 5

tractornut86

The 401 has the factory 110 electric start on it and i have posted pictures of it. Did anyone go to antique tractors? Next year at Plain city it is the vintage garden tractor meet and we will be putting on a wheel horse display. A few red square members from ohio have been to garage and like my brother says we would be happy to show anyone the collection.

roscoemi

Dude, we would love to see your collection. Put up some pics. Members here don't tend to comment what they don't know about, for a good reason. Don't add static to an otherwise great conversation. Sit back and learn about stuff you only see pictures about. You have the goods, so put them up. You now have everybody's attention, so go with it. May not have seen them the first time or just looked and listened to see what can be learned. your in the drivers seat now.

tractornut86

Thank you to all the people who understand bout what i am saying. I feel that i just said what others have thought at some point but then there is others that got real made about it but that wasnt really what i was going for. This site helps people and several people visit it but i feel the main focus is of newer tractors, and i know people personally that no longer visit because of it. I do not have a solution to how to change it but just saying what i have saw and heard. Did not mean to make anyone mad but i do like to argue thats just me so thats why i keep responding.

• Like 2

nylyon

So here's the thing. There's a lot more of the newer tractors so YES there's going to be more posts on that BUT the forum can't gain more recognition on the older machines if those who own them don't publicize them. For every 1 lever steer, there's got to be thousands of 300/400 series and the same for members right?

While I don't want to sound harsh, we have a picture gallery on here with a special section just for Pond's. There are only a handful of pictures in there and none for over a year! I don't understand the argument that RedSquare caters to newer models, when those who own the older ones aren't contributing their information.

The manuals section is the same thing. We need members like you to build these areas instead of posting once, getting discouraged and going away. That's not how to share information, and honestly there are very few who own these so it's really up to YOU and those who own them to do something about it. I can not, I don't have one and haven't seen one in person either. I do have some newer ones and those I can and do post about.

For me, you're not making me mad, just confused. Share what you have! Knowledge base can't happen without it that's how it works.

• Like 3

roscoemi

Want to change it? Post pics and tell their story. If you don't know anthing, how in the hell do you talk about it? If Icould afford and find a lever steer, I would buy it and tell the others all about it. Then they could ask questions and further the conversation. People here are not stuck up, but respectful to what they know and don't know.

• Like 1

nylyon

Now these are really cool. I'm going to lock this thread, take that post and move it to it's own topic so it doesn't get lost in this one.

• Like 1

nylyon