Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Will this K321 work on Wheelhorse

Prater

I am wondering if this Kohler K321aqs spec no 60269d will have the correct shaft for a wheelhorse C model tractor. It came off a John Deere hydro with electric clutch.

Thanks

Prater

If the spec does not help, can someone tell me the size PTO shaft will need to be for the wheelhorse pulley and clutch? I will be looking at the motor tomorrow afternoon.

rmaynard

The shaft should be 1-1/8" diameter. The normal length is 3-5/8". A 1" shaft will also work but you will need a PTO from a 8hp Kohler or a Briggs.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2

Prater

Thanks Bob

SousaKerry

If you don't find the PTO from an 8hp then you can make a sleeve like I did. Turned a peice of round bar down to 1 1/8 and drilled a 1" hole. Cut a slot for the keyway and made a special key for it.

Prater

Thanks for the replies. I skipped on this one. I was told over the phone it was complete and just needed a carb cleaning. I guess the owner stripped the carb, points, fuel pump and a few other things off the engine before Daddy Don and I arrived to look at it. With it missing the items it made me leary about how he said it was a strong running motor that did not smoke. I did not really need it but did not want to miss a a deal...a better one will show up sooner or later...

Kelly

With out looking up the spec no. I can say most all JD engines I have had, and it's been a few, all had 1" cranks, like was said above that is not a big problem if it is a stick shift tractor the 8hp parts will work, if it's a hydro, the hydro pulley is had to find and not cheap when you do, but a sleeve can be made or bought I bought one off Ebay for about $15

Prater

Thanks Kelly