Sign in to follow this  
1974-B-80

1979 C-111

1974-B-80

Does anyone know if a C-111 is rare? I found one for sale that has a Briggs 11 Hp I/C for $225

post-8791-0-36137900-1352775833_thumb.jp

leeave96

Not sure how rare this tractor is - but I had two of these. They are thrifty on gas, the Briggs engines are really easy to start. I believe the rear end is an 8 pinion with 1-1/8 inch axles - very good. The aluminum block engine makes for a light front end and very easy steering.

The only trouble I had out of mine was the engine would vibrate like crazy and the air cleaner cover would come loose and the other one had an engine with a stuck exhaust valve.

My C-111 had a 36 inch rear discharge deck and gave the best cut of any Wheelhorse I have ever owned.

Under edit: If that tractor comes with the tiller, in addition to the ag tires, it's worth the price just for those alone.

Wheel-N-It

If it runs good AND comes with a working tiller, then yes buy it. Personally I would not invest alot of money in it. I would only spend the basic maintenance needs money.

Kelly

The C-111 is a run of the mill tractor, in fact it was a cheapy tractor most did not have lights, or seat springs, they came with the cheap alum briggs, and small tires, the fronts on narrow rims, but if the tractor comes with the tiller and tires I would not be asking what is it worth or how rare, but look at the deal I got !!

I see it has newer style fenders on it, wounder why??

tarcoleo

I have a C-111 chassis and a C-81 too. They were identical except for engines. They have the most rugged 8-speed trannies with 1-1/8 axles.

They are as tough as any WH chassis short of the D's. I have replaced engines with Honda power, fitted 23-10.5x12 wheels and tires, 48" decks,

and replaced the original springed seats with very springy implement seats. You can't find a better WH with which to build a great tractor.

Buy it and have fun. If the replaced fender pan is steel, no problem.

Tom in RI

Wheelhorse84

I had a 1979 C-111 and it was great. I say get it.

Marv

The C111 is the same tractor as the other C series. The reason it is called a C111 is because of the 11hp Briggs engine. It resulted from a problem getting Kohler engines during that time. Kohler was having problems delivering because of a strike. So, the C111 filled in until Kohler was again available. I have one and it handles a 42" mower just fine.

Marv

1974-B-80

Ok, thamks everyone for the help