Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Not one but two...........

whfan74

Well hit the road this morning at 5 a.m. and made a trip to Chi-town. Didn't want to be gone and consumed by the trip for the day so headed west under the dark sky. Arrived at my destination at approximately 6:55 a.m. Chicago time. Talked for about 5 minutes.......hard for some of you to believe I know. :) Loaded these babies up and headed back east. Arrived in Warsaw at 10:59 a.m.

Haven't had a chance to sit down and look up the years on these machines yet. The one in the front is older with a 10 h.p. Kohler and a pretty beat up mowing deck. The one in the back is a 12 h.p. Kohler with snow blade.

Was told before I came that the one with the blade ran fine, which it does, and the other one did not. Unloaded it off the trailer, poured some gas in, changed the spark plug, hooked up some loose wires, cleaned the points and she fired off. It needs the fuel system cleaned terribly but we have two runners!!!!

I have been wanting to add a Jacobsen Chief to the collection, as well as a couple other brands. Thanks to a friend, Derek aka dw753, for locating these online for me I now have 2! Plans for the future are to re-furbish the older one. Might have some fun plowing snow with the other this winter.

Here they are just freshly loaded on to the trailer...........

post-919-0-24989600-1352672344.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Thems two bullet proof, heavy duty tractors right there.

Nice haul Scott, even if they're not our coveted little :wh: red ones. :)

Jake Kuhn

Those will make a great addition to the collection scott! Can't wait to see some work on them. ~Jake

KC9KAS

Very nice looking Jacobsen GT's :text-coolphotos:

Wheel-N-It

That was a very successful trip you guys had! Thank you for the pic. Please post some more pics of these fine machines when you can please. :wwp:

Ken B

Very nice Scott. There are a few other brands I'd like to add to my little collection, but space is tight!

whfan74

Thanks guys! It was a fun little adventure to take yesterday morning. Need to wrap up some of my other projects before I can dive in to redoing one of these. I am becoming more and more impressed with how things are laid out with the Wheel Horses. Sure is tough getting to some of the things on the old Jake. Might make for an interesting refurbish!

Will try and get some more pictures of them at some point.

Wheel-N-It

Scott, you are so right! The Wheel Horses are some of tthe easiest LAGTs to work on in my experience. I think thats why I favor them so much more than the others.

CasualObserver

Cool Scott. Sent you an email to hotmail with some manuals.

• Like 1