Sign in to follow this  
welderman85

massey ferguson 10

welderman85

i found this at the scrap yard a few seconds before it was about to be scouped up buy the front end loader and smashed. its not wheel horse but its red. i dont know much about these are they rare. thanks

8170698173_caca33b268_m.jpg8170698079_7c6b9e540c_m.jpg8170698023_426e008789_m.jpg8170697983_6427a37620_m.jpg

AMC RULES

Nice save, I'll never understand junkyard mentality. :confusion-questionmarks:

KC9KAS

Good save.....Plenty of MF's on another GT forum....Check with those guys for help.

groundhog47

Ya know, as I am Recycler also, I need to spend some time perusin' through the local scrap yards. That is a great save!!!!!!

Wheel-N-It

Nice save, I'll never understand junkyard mentality. :confusion-questionmarks:

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!

What the heck is wrong with these guys?????????? The scrap metal places could put stuff like this up for auction and make more money than scrap metal pays. Its not good business sense.

Zeek

At the risk of being stoned :eusa-shifty: (which I believe is a bible term for "people ain't gonna like what yer say'in") I'm an MF fan because they make make a rock solid man look'in tractor worthy of any restoration or beating around just because they are cool. I personally love the giant sized farm editions that look like that would kick a JD in the a$$ on a bad day ( I love this pic because I guessing the guy at the helm is thinking the same thing)

Exhibit #1:

DSC06480.jpg

Exhibit #2:

DSC06477.jpg

• Like 1

Foozerush

I grew up on a MF7... My father and I worked it to death with mowing and plowing... Remember him talking once that the MF was a tad cheaper than the WH he wanted back in 1969.... The only bad thing was the techy blew 3 head gaskets over the 20 years we had it... He replaced it with a MF 85... Those were I think made by snapper and no where a built as the older ones was. The one you saved I'm sure could do twice the work compared to the little 7 we had.... You will see parts on eBay... Been thinking about getting a MF to mess around with.... And yes they are red like my WHs are... Good luck with it....

Ken B

Nice score! Not rare but they are desireable. I ALMOST had one back in the day....

whfan74

Nice haul.....looking for a MF14 or MF16 myself. Great memories of those as a kid!

Glad you saved it from the crusher!

welderman85

i thought it looked cool and couldnt let it be crushed are they tought like a wheel horse. i know one thing for sure it looks like a rough ride with no seat springs just a solid mount

whfan74

Well they are a bit of a bumpier ride and a little tougher to turn........but solid to say the least! You did good!

6wheeler

I had a MF-10 it was a great tractor. After several years and alot of work the rod exited the block in an unsavory way. I gave it to my nephew and he put a 16hp kohler on it and made it into a puller. I will have to see if it is still up at my folks place up north. My step dad doesn't get rid of anything so it may be behind the barn in the lean to. good luck with it.

CasualObserver

I had two MF10s for a while. They are solid. Didn't have a hydro, mine were gear drive. If I remember right, they have the same Peerless rear end as Deere used in their 100/200 series tractors back in the 110/112/210/212 days. I hated that variator variable drive thingy. Nice when they work right, but when they don't their a pain. I really liked the toolbox under the seat though.

Looks like a nice one. Heck, even that front headlight panel trim looks good. If that's not broke, it's probably worth more than you paid for the tractor.

can whlvr

i bought a wheelhorse off a nnnneighbour that collects the masseys,he likes them and uses engines from wheelhorses to put in the masseys,i got a c160 no motor because hes puttin it in his 16hp massey,theres lots of them up here,more than wheelhorses