Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Bright Lights for your C-series

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, Just remembered these from my former life.

Manufacturer: PIAA

27W XTREME WHITE BULB (TWIN PACK)

MODEL: 1156

PIAA PART #: 19227

These will fit right into your stock sockets that use an 1156 bulb. I know they will fit the C-160 and many others. Since the top of the housing is open, the little bit of extra heat should be no problem.

There are several people selling them on ebay for cheap, but of course their shipping is HIGH. I called my local speed shop, and they are about $13.00 for the twin pack. Still a couple dollars cheaper that the ebay sellers! I'm not sure if Advance or Auto Zone sells that brand, but maybe?

I just ordered a set for mine, and they'll be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Eldon..... trying to be a lighthouse!

nylyon

I would be REALLY interested in this once I get off my fat butt and fix the C-120. Would you be able to take some before and after pictures of maybe shining on the garage door? I had looked to see if there were any Silver Stars for the 400 series, but no luck, never checked for the C. I put a set of Silver Stars on my wifes Cherokee and it made a world of difference, but none for the tractors.

Greg B.

Okay, Dumb question time.

Sockets? The remnants of the lights, in my C165, were sealed beam and the connectors are spade connectors. Talk to me, Eldon.....

Greg B.

kj4kicks

Hey Greg, Not a dumb question, cuz I don't know the answer for sure. I'm "assuming" the 165 has regular sealed beams like the newer 300's-500's.

The old C-160 and C-120 (among others), just used a pair of 1156 bulbs. The same thing found in the reverse lights of most older cars.

There is another thread on here somewhere concerning halogen replacements for the sealed beam units.

Hope that helps !!

Eldon.

PS. I didn't pick up the new bulbs yet. That's on the schedule for Monday.

• Like 1

glenn27

Let me know how they work-

-I will get the NAPA cross-over part # for the 1156 in next day or two---(they usually have them in stock!)

refracman

Heres a site with leds, check them out bulbs with 30w ( if i understand it correctly) that only draw 3w.

On my gt i put 50w regular bulbs in and if i run the lights and electric clutch it'll

kill the battery after a time.

Ive yet to get any but they look like they would fix my problem

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...cgi?product=CAR

glenn27

Same base configuration as a #1156, which was a back-up bulb in all vehicles for many years is :

NAPA--Wagner #895-35 watts and Wagner #896-50 watts...

I put a set in my Scotts about two years ago, and also in my FIL's Sears, and no problems with them, so far...(the 35-wt. variety)

linen beige

Some of you may want to check out interlight.biz. They have direct replacement sealed beams with as much as 780 watts of output!