Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Another one dies a horrendous needless death...

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

this brings back memories of my 1054 that met a very similar fate and made me upset all over again. Here is the story...... I received a call from a gentleman named Frank who lives somewhere in PA.... from what I gathered talking to him he received more than his far share of damage due to Hurricane/Tropical storm Sandy last week. He got my name from someone (????) and he supposidely is a member of the Wheel Horse club and has been to the show. I will gather more info as I talk to him more...... parked next to this poor 416-8 was a pair of Bolens tube frame tractors and some other stuff----all of it crushed by this 80' oak---which also punched 4 holes in his house. He called me for 2 reasons--he is interested in my 416 H and also in gathering parts to try and put his 416-8 back toghether. Im going to do all I can----but for now lets give a small moment of silence for another bunch of good tractors wrecked by mother nature.... she can be a heartless soul at times. Lets also give some thought to all the suffering going on due to the storm..... tractors can be replaced---memories, lives and truly irreplaceable items are gone forever when one of these monsters stomps through.

Tony

post-435-0-39128800-1352427050_thumb.jpg

AMC RULES

OOoph. :scared-eek:

546cowboy

Another reason to keep them inside. Why does someone keep them under trees? :no:

rmaynard

Another reason to keep them inside. Why does someone keep them under trees? :no:

Because there is not enough room in the kitchen...
  • Like 5

Tankman

Would rather crush the car, that's insured.

Ouch. I'm sayin' a few prayers for Sandy sufferers.

Next to me here in Eastern PA, a closed factory. The lot was used to stage power company service trucks.

One day the lot filled with Georgia Power trucks. Must have been 40 trucks in all! Thank you Georgia!

• Like 1

Coadster32

Not safe anywhere I guess. (even in the kitchen)

jimt1971

If Frank is near me I have some parts he can have to rebuild his tractor. I have a frame front axle hood and I am sure a bunch of other parts. They were given to me so I can pay it forward.

Jim

• Like 1

Don1977

Home owner insurance will cover it. The problem is they are not making any more Wheel Horses. I hate to see one destroyed.

WheelHorseSteve

That's one of my worst fears -- the Cs are in an overbuilt shed but the 100' oaks nearby would surely put a hurting on it. Insurance... sure... but like Don said, these are a dying breed (literally). They're not making any more!

Sorry to see Frank's loss! Nice saw BTW... looks like a real beast.

diesel cowboy

That sucks. Had that happen to me in the big ice storm we had back in '08. Crushed a panzer tractor that was under a leanto and the next day another tree came down and hit my carport that has my 1949 DeSoto in it but didnt go into it because it mangled one of the parts cars for it. As for home owners, I dont know about CT. but in Ma. my insurance company said it wouldnt cover the tractor because its considered a motor vehicle

stevasaurus

Ya know Tony, that damage does not look that bad...hate to think what a Deere would look like if it was sitting there. :) I would guess that once he gets into it, it may be fixable. If he has been to the Big Show, he knows that all things are possible. That picture is definitely not a calendar shot. :bow-blue:

CasualObserver

For those that don't know Tony's 1054 story... you can see the old topic here. Keep in mind this was several years back.

midnight rambler

ouch poor tractor, steve maybe you should fly out with your new saw and help him out getting the tree off it.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I have been looking for a chance to use this...Shorts bought this for me at Scott's M&G. :)

2011_1027JAKESTRANNYS0013.jpg

• Like 2

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

Frank has been in touch just to tell me that he got the pics of my 416... he is very busy--I guess he works for a huge trash container company and they have been going non stop.... I say "huge" because when he told me that they are dropping 15-25 (40) yard containers at multiple sites and haven't run out of trucks or containers that has to be a HUGE operation. I told him I would help and that others (JimT1971...) where willing to pitch in also. When the heat comes off of his job he is going to call and we will go from there.

Thanks all and thanks for the link to my old 1054---she is still on a pallet and someday i will rebuild her better, faster, stronger!!!! :)

Tony

grnlark

At least it wasnt an RJ :hide:

With regards to insurance coverage - I asked my agent if I needed a rider for my tractors and she said no as long as they are collectibles and not regular use machines. Collectible tractors are covered under my homeowners as long as I could prove they existed (ie. pictures or carcass).

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse

Hello All... just a quick update---"Frank" called and said he is waiting for the adjuster to come out and that it may be several weeks. The two of us are suppose to get together after that and see what we can come up with to fix what he has or get him a new one.

Tony

P.S.--Hey Matt, you know why RJ's don't get hit by trees---there too small to get hit by anything. Although they are "cute" :ychain:

AMC RULES

I have been looking for a chance to use this...Shorts bought this for me at Scott's M&G. :)

2011_1027JAKESTRANNYS0013.jpg

Just make sure you keep Steve away from any ladders when he gets over there. :handgestures-thumbsup::scared-eek::)

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse

Well Fellas....

I heard back and forth sporadically from this guy and then it just went silent.... this sort of thing aggravates me but oh well. I'm gonna keep the tractor, I have been using it to do snow and have gotten used to the column mounted controls and the hydro lift is the cats meow.

Tony