Sign in to follow this  
Cutlas3391

Winter Project Wheel horse Raider

Cutlas3391

This will be my first project for the winter its a raider thats been sitting outside it whole life. I got the raider running after 10 years of sitting but needs a lot of TLC....

post-8224-0-25750300-1352311274_thumb.jp

Pollack Pete

Nice.I don't think it looks bad.It looks better than most of mine.Have fun with your new toy.

CTPhil

How far are you going to go? Paint and everything?

AMC RULES

Nice...tiller, weights, and a snow blade too.

KATO

a little rusty maybe but looks like a solid machine to start with except for the seat.

Lots of pics please

KC9KAS

Looks like a good tractor to fix up. What size is it?

I have a Raider 12 that looks about the same, but very solid and runs good!

JackC

Looks good just as it is. The weather wear gives it character. You could polish it up with some WD40 put a good seat on it, make sure the mechanicals and electricals are in order and be good to go.

Cutlas3391

Probably do a soft restore ct Phil. It's a 12hp kc9kas I have a couple other raiders for parts that have the same engine.

can whlvr

its nice to have a parts tractor or 2 when doing a restore

Jake Kuhn

looks like a nice starter. Can't wait to see some progress on it!

Racinbob

If I'm not mistaken, that's an older style tiller needing two belts to operate and a different hitch bolted to the real axle. It's an easy conversion to go to the later style drive system with only one belt. It makes it much easier to put on and the tines move just a tad faster due to the pulley ratios. You have a mid mount pulley gizmo that you have to put on, right?

bowtiebutler956

That looks like a very solid old Raider, and a great candidate for a resto. Nice Save! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Cutlas3391

If I'm not mistaken, that's an older style tiller needing two belts to operate and a different hitch bolted to the real axle. It's an easy conversion to go to the later style drive system with only one belt. It makes it much easier to put on and the tines move just a tad faster due to the pulley ratios. You have a mid mount pulley gizmo that you have to put on, right?

Yea it's a 2 belt pulley system I also have 2 Prather tillers I might swap out to the one belt

How far are you going to go? Paint and everything?

Probably going to due a soft restore.

Cutlas3391

Looks good just as it is. The weather wear gives it character. You could polish it up with some WD40 put a good seat on it, make sure the mechanicals and electricals are in order and be good to go.

I keep hearing about the Wd-40 bath how does that exactly work?

krazy_horse

You rub the tractor down with fine (00) steel wool then wipe down with WD-40 or at least that is the way I did a couple of mine. Gives them that used but took care of look. By the way I like your tractor combo!

• Like 2

JackC

WD40 will clean and brighten the finish. Try it on a spot somewhere first like under the seat.

Wheel-N-It

You rub the tractor down with fine (00) steel wool then wipe down with WD-40 or at least that is the way I did a couple of mine. Gives them that used but took care of look. By the way I like your tractor combo!

Cutlas, give us a before and after pic of the WD40 bath method. I love WD40, and buy it buy the gallon.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Take it from Rachael, a little EVOO and some croutons will work in a pinch too. :)

post-3498-0-11210600-1352641790.jpg

Tankman

Cutlas, give us a before and after pic of the WD40 bath method. I love WD40, and buy it buy the gallon.

I use the WD-40 (WD = water displacement) almost daily. And, I like my Singer sewing machine oil can too!

Keepin' my Raider 12 forever! Great Stallion!

kris22

Nice looking tractor im partial to the original look myself and im glad to know im not the only one that puts atv tires on a wh