Sign in to follow this  
RJR49

After Market (Ebay) Parts

markjs

Buy American! Made in the USA! :woohoo:

:text-yeahthat:

JackC

The shipping costs are causing the manufacturing of some items to return to the states.

I know a guy that runs a plastics company here who is out bidding the Chinese due to the shipping costs to get the items to the US.

The company that makes the iPhone for Apple is looking at having a plant in the US.

tractornut86

The way I look at it is the Kohler parts are better quality but they are very over priced. I know people that have used pretty much everything after market and have been satisfied with it except with a few issues with the pistons. Some of the after market pistons dont have holes drilled into them like the kohler does. I know of two people that have had to rebuild the engine again due to scoreing the bore because oil didnt get up through like it should. Those guys also do heavy use with their tractors also and my best guess is normal everyday use it would be alright.

Terry M

Have not had good luck with my new Ebay china built carbs for my lawn rangers. I'm going to try to rebuild the originals this winter and see what happens. just gotta find original rebuild kits for the original carbs.

WheelHorse_of_course

I work for a manufacturer up here in Ontario and we source our parts from all over the world. USA, Canada,

Germany, Italy, And of course China.The Chinese are where Japan was 40 years ago, low cost of living,few labour laws,<SNIP>

It is happening quickly. Chinese labor rates are now comparable to the rates in Mexico. Fascinating how things change.

WheelHorse_of_course

The shipping costs are causing the manufacturing of some items to return to the states.

I know a guy that runs a plastics company here who is out bidding the Chinese due to the shipping costs to get the items to the US.

The company that makes the iPhone for Apple is looking at having a plant in the US.

There is a company that is making (certain models of) BluRay player here in the US. The US has the highest productivity in the world.