Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Mower deck raises on it's own.

Butch

Yep, now my hydraulic lift is raising my deck on it's own. You can be mowing the lawn and up it comes. It's a C-175 automatic. Any ideas what's causing this? Thanks!

squonk

Mine did that a few times and then quit doing it. Has to be something with the lift valve. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

SousaKerry

Yeah definitely the spool sticking or leaking. Can be a real pain to get out but should be rebuildable. Take it out clean it first, disassemble clean it again, put in new o-rings, reassemble. Then the fun begins putting it back in... It is at least a 5 cuss word job. :banghead:

Take care not to get any dirt in the hydraulic lines.

Butch

I did rebuild it 2 years ago and even replaced the lines with much stiffer ones. It was very hard to put back together!

SousaKerry

It could be that the bore inside the valve body is scored or the spool itself is scratched allowing build to seep past the seals. I personally have not disassembled a WH spool valve but have done many industrial ones at work. Some spools do not have o-rings and seals they rely on very tight tolerances and a thin film of oil to seal. Any wear on this type and they are junk, you may want to source a good used one to see if you still have the problem.

Butch

It could be that the bore inside the valve body is scored or the spool itself is scratched allowing build to seep past the seals. I personally have not disassembled a WH spool valve but have done many industrial ones at work. Some spools do not have o-rings and seals they rely on very tight tolerances and a thin film of oil to seal. Any wear on this type and they are junk, you may want to source a good used one to see if you still have the problem.

Thanks.