Sign in to follow this  
whtractors24

310-8 winter ?

whtractors24

Heres my machine i am running 23 10.5 -12 on rear there full of antifeeeze with cast weights for plowing on flat ground how will thay eork withoit chains?? Also if it doesnt work i am wondering how the chainds will fit fender is very close should i raise it with spacers? Thanks

2z9mt8x.jpg

leeave96

Unless you've got some ice conditions and some slope to deal with at the same time, I wouldn't advise chains. I have found on my 314-8 when I tried chains, the hazzard area for chains to catch was the U shaped bracket that holds the fender in place. I haven't used them since. With your tires so close to your fenders, I think you are asking for trouble.

Good luck,

Bill

Tim

i think you need chains, especially with ag tires

i also think they will hit the fender

keep in mind where you live and how much snow you get

whtractors24

Yes remember the tires are full of antifreeze also very very heavy plus weights

Tim

look in the classified area. there is someone giving away tires and rims in Ct.

look into it,,,

Kelly

I run ag tires with no chains on the plow tractor, but I run on flat ground and if I try to drive on hard packed near ice or ice I have a hard time moving, I have found Chains also work best on turf tires the chains hit the ground better with the flatter tread, not only will the chains hit the fenders that you can space up but they will or could hit the backs of the running boards and those you can't move, I do on my blower tractor run chains on turf tires.

kthack657

We use ag tires for plowing, have found that with chains, sometimes they just wind up tearing up the driveway or leave marks. the ags witht hat much weight should be fine as long as you are not going up a steep slope or get several feet of snow at a time

• Like 1

can whlvr

the problem is when it gets warm and melts some of the snow and then gets cold again ice is formed and then it doesnt matter what rubber tire you are using,there gonna spin,and if you are trying to push a foot of snow it doesnt happen,chains are a must where i live

• Like 1

welderman85

I ran Ag tires with no chains for one winter I kept adding weight but it didn't help on ice or hard packed snow the tire just spun I had to use the neighbors case for a big storm. I now fun chain with no problems

Buckshot 1

:) I am with Kelly on the turf tires with chains more foot print. I tried the ags but not with chains, could not get enough traction in the heavier stuff. I have a buddy with a JD that has posi lock in the rear end and all he runs is ags. :flags-usa:

truckin88

I plowed for the last 4 years with my old c-120 all it had was ags and plastic weights. I was fine unless snow got really deep or packed. I also had a 310 that Duff owns now. Ags and weights workes great.