Sign in to follow this  
rodcogroup

Can I mount a 1998 Toro Snowplow on a 1979 C 161?

rodcogroup

I picked up a brand new snowplow and plow fram model # 79252 at an auction last week. I am hoping it will fit my 1979 C-161 Auto.

I currently have a front loader on the tractor, but will be taking that off for the winter. My quaestion are as follows:

1- Will my hydro attachment lift work on the snow plow?

2- I don't have any type of rear attachment thing. (tachamatic?) Do I need it?

3-was the plow worth the $35.00 I paid ?

post-6064-0-89104700-1351486996_thumb.jp

gwest_ca

Anything is possible but the 79252 is for the 200-Series lawn tractors with vertical engine crankshafts.

The dozer blade sold in 1979 for the C-Series was model 96-42BC01 replaced by 06-42BC01, 06-42BC02, 06-48BC01, 06-48BC02, 06-48BC03, 79350 and 79364

Notice they went from 42" to 48".

Look them up here

https://lookup3.toro...fm?xCaller=Toro

Garry

welderman85

1 yes a plow will work on a hydro

2 yes you do need a bracket that hooks onto the rear axle I can post you a pic after I get out of work

3 yes thats a great deal in my book

Do you have just the plow or all of the mounting hardware?

If it is for a 200 series the mounting hardware wont work but you can still use the blade if you have a welder a plow frame is easy to make I made one for my c-85 out of 2 inch pipe and I use a electronic winch to ra

ise and lower it it works great for my cabin.I will try to find pics tonight.

rodcogroup

Thanks for the info. I have the complete frame and blade.

If it won't bolt right onto my tractor, then I will probably sell it and get the correct one.

How much do the sell for? This one is brand new.

Thanks

Robert

welderman85

I would like to buy it but im kinda far away from you as for a price i dont know what to ask th few I have seen on eBay the sellers were nuts.

welderman85

I may have told you wrong dose it have a frame thats goes under the tractor kinda shaped like a A

3609horse

anything is possible with the right tools. I had a 200 series plow that I could not sell so I adapted it to fit a C series tractor.

I made it so it goes into the front and mid attach-a-matics. I know it's not aa heavy duty as the reagular plows but I needed to do

something with it and since it's stronger than a craftsman plow it will work for light duty jobs. Here are a couple pics of it on my

B60. Thanks

post-6058-0-36223200-1351648614_thumb.jp

rodcogroup

Here is a photo of the frame and blade that I purchased. I don't have the TachAmatic that mounts to the rear axle, Anyone know of a good source?

My Tractor is a Cseries and I am hoping this will bolt right on.

post-6064-0-35233500-1351744981_thumb.jppost-6064-0-66104700-1351744982_thumb.jp

SousaKerry

From the pictures I think the only thing you may need to modify is where the lift cross member goes. Rear tachmatics appear quite frequently in the classified section and Ebay...

Post a wanted add for one in the classified.

rodcogroup

Does anyone have a photo of the correct plow frame, so I can compare the two?

Thanks

Spectrum

Robert,

If you decide to sell the snowblade instead of modifying it to fit your tractor please let me know. I recently picked up a 1997 Toro Wheelhorse and would like to get a snowplow for it. The Model 79252 is the exact part number my tractor calls for and I live in the Pittsburgh PA area also.

Thanks