Sign in to follow this  
dieselhorse

Got me a Horse

dieselhorse

Did some Horse trading with big mike and got the 8-8hp wheel horse he has. I will be needing a few things. Biggest one is the frame bracket and fender bracket that make up the hinge for the fender pan. I can probably get a black seat localy. I already have paint to make her purty again. She wont get dieselized for awhile as he just rebuilt that motor. Just gonna cut the grass. Oh yeah, I also want a slot hitch or a clevis hitch and cable for it. Cheers Mike

T-Mo

Congratulations, Mike. Of course, we need pictures. B)

dieselhorse

I will have it tomorrow night, you can scroll down the list of posts to the horse newbie one by big mike to see it, with the horrible yellow seat on it

dieselhorse

Just mowed for the first time, amazing how well those little horse's cut! Better than our expensive 44" cub diesel cub cadet. Runs excellent, might need to adjust the timing a bit, just a bit to much spark knock in it at high rpm. I have a list of needed stuff to bring her up to snuff in the wanted forum. There really isnt any local source of Horse parts here in kokomo, so any help will be greatly appreciated. Main items I need are the fender pan hinge and the clevis hitch set up, followed by headlights. Also, Isnt glen/geri the gentleman that does the horse hood ornaments and key chains? I would like one of each for my new Horse. Would prefer to deal direct, instead of thru that auction site. Cheers Mike

post-3-1216084989.jpg

plowmaster

ooooo, deere seat.

get rid of it QUICK! who knows what break downs that will bring.

dieselhorse

We will be at the nascar race tomorrow, seat will have to wait till Monday. I need to figure out how to remove the steering wheel, BM could get it off, half of it is broken so it needs replaced, hard to steer with one side being floppy!! We need a WheelHorse live chat room now, the cub and deere guys have them.

Teddy da Bear
We need a Wheel Horse live chat room now, the cub and deere guys have them.
You are preaching to the right choir here! I tried to gather interest in one post.......not one reply. I think Bad Dad was interested too.

TT

The steering wheel removal should be easy if it's already broke. Loosen the locking collar below the dash housing and pull the wheel and shaft up until you have a little room to work. Cut the rubber covering the center hub with a utility knife and use a cut-off wheel on a small grinder to split the hub.

We do have the chat room here at RS and several members use it on a regular basis.

The suggestion from a while back was for voice chat, which - speaking for myself and quite a few other members - would be impossible to use in a house with kids, dogs, televisions, wives chatting on the phone, etc.

I really don't think the people around my 'puter would want to listen to me talking, and I doubt that I would want them to hear eveything I was saying either. B)

dieselhorse

I wouldnt want a voice chat, thats just more stuff I have to buy for my computer so I could hear folks. My wife does the skype stuff with her friend in the UK. I will drop into the chat room tonight. With the large cub and its huge snowblower gone, the Horse has room in the shed, the snowblade is stood up infront of it against a IH cub snowblade that needs to get sold or traded. I need to pick up some purple power and degress the Horse, she needs it! Mike

dieselhorse

I was on ebay lookin at decals, what is the correct rear fender pan decal for mine, I see several styles. Mine is totaly MIA so I dont know what was there, atleast the original red reflector is still there. Thanks Mike

HorseFixer

Nice tractor Mike nice find! B)

Duke

TT

P/N for your rear fender decal is 8138. Both the MPV and Parts Tree list the wrong number. (I looked it up in the book. B) )

I don't have a picture of one installed on a rear fender, but this is the proper script: (this is a hood side decal though :whistle: )

072508misc028-1.jpg

dieselhorse

One of the neat things I have here at home, is a horse head hitchin post saved from my late grandmother's family ranch in Texas many years ago. It used to be painted white, but is all rust now. I am going to shorten the post a bit and make a stand for it. Then I will have my "Hitchin" post for shows! Trying to decide what color to paint it, White again, WH red, black head with a white or red post? I know guys do this as my WH buddy back in PA state bought himself one at a show, and it wasnt cheap! What do you all think? Mike

TT

We actually just discussed this not long ago too......

The "originals" in the 60's ads were black, and some of the guys here have actually found them new at TSC for under $20! :banana:

WheelHorse_of_course

:whistle: Yes, GlenGeri is the guy that makes the stuff you mention.

He has a few black hood ornaments that I liked better than the silver. I would love to have one but $ is a problem these days.

I do have the key chain and am very proud of it !

Very nice B)

dieselhorse

Fresh pics, amazing what a little purple power degreaser and a scrub brush will do. Almost to nice to repaint. I did put my narrow ags on the back for now, so that I could paint the turf rims. She has been repainted at one time, some places with a (gasp) brush! Atleast the brush painting is in out of the way areas that one doesnt really notice, unless your really looking at it close. Even the decals cleaned up, to bad the edges are peeling, I would just mask them when I will repaint it. Any idea what to tack them back down with, super glue maybe? It the edge all around the decal that is peeling up a tad, mainly on the 8-8 decal on either side of the console. Enjoy the new pics. Mike

000_1705.jpg

000_1707.jpg

000_1706.jpg

000_1710.jpg

dieselhorse

I would leave the narrow 6-12 ags on it, but they make it look to skinny in the rear, the track of the tires is narrower than the front, noticably so, and that bothers me. She really needs 8.50 width ags to look right. For the twice a year plowing events, I can either put my snow chains on, or just swap over to the ags for the event, then swap back. Believe it or not, other than the pain of cleaning the mud out of the turf tread, turfs and chains plow fields as well if not better than ag tires. I have one pair of Power King front wheel weights, look just like the cub cadet rear cast iron weights, I plan to mount them inboard on each tire. I plan to remove the front tires tomorrow and paint those rims. There was massive over spray from the last person to paint the rims. An old rag and some gumout carb cleaner took it back to nice black rubber again. Cheers Mike