Sign in to follow this  
welderman85

tire ply qustion

welderman85

i need a new set of rear tires for my gt1142. it had 2 ply turf on it and i was wondering if i went with a4 ply tire if they last longer and not weather check as fat or bad.thanks

Sparky

I dont think the number of ply's will affect that. I do know that the 4 ply is a tougher tire and more resistant to puncture and can handle a heavier load....but a 2 ply will allways give better traction. I dont own a loader attachment so I have no need for a 4 ply tire and allways go for two ply's on my machines if I have a choice.

Mike........

Don1977

I dont think the number of ply's will affect that. I do know that the 4 ply is a tougher tire and more resistant to puncture and can handle a heavier load....but a 2 ply will allways give better traction. I dont own a loader attachment so I have no need for a 4 ply tire and allways go for two ply's on my machines if I have a choice.

Mike........

2ply's will not always give better traction, I lost traction when my 48" mower base caught in a ditch and I ripped the side out of a 2 ply when up the power. I now have Turf Master 4plys on the rear and 6ply rated on the front. Wouldn't have 2ply on it my tractor, steers much better with the 6 ply rated on the front.