Sign in to follow this  
tractornut86

Any value in a C160

tractornut86

Is there any value or is anyone interrested in a C160 with a Tecumseh engine. I picked up a few tractors from a guy and he had a C160 wth a Tecumseh that has been sitting for couple years. Im not sure of the year but i know the gas tank is under the hood and not under the seat if that helps at all? Bad thing is i didnt get a picture of it either and guy is bout 75 miles from me. I know if it had a Kohler I would like to have it but being a Tecumseh i want no part of it unless it would be something that i could make a dollar on so to speak. Anything will help.

sgtsampay

Those old tec 16hp are good engines. They are just very temperamental and parts are not are common as they are for Briggs and Kohler. Personally if tr price was right I would still take the tractor as you can always put a new engine on it. The tractor itself if still a good ole wheel horse and the you may luck out and the tec runs good..

krazy_horse

You could all ways send me the engine, I got where I like em!!

baerpath

I'd grab it one year WH did have the over head tecumseh on them, Anyone looking for the complete set of C 160 8spds needs it to be complete. The front hinges are longer to make the hood clear other than that it's the same as others

Duane

tractornut86

Now that you say it the front end did look a little different as in the hood didnt come all way down to the frame like there was a gap. I cant be real sure though because once i saw the Tecumseh i didnt lift the hood or really look at it in depth.

Trouty56

I'd grab it one year WH did have the over head tecumseh on them, Anyone looking for the complete set of C 160 8spds needs it to be complete. The front hinges are longer to make the hood clear other than that it's the same as others

Duane

I tried putting those hinges on my c160 and the hood didn't fit right. I liked the look of the raised front end.

Ken B

I used to have many of the late 60's early 70's Sears Super Suburbans with the 12 and 14 hp Tecky's on them. None of them were temperamental and they all ran extremely strong. For some reason I think the bigger Tecky's were better than the smaller hp ones.

I'd like too try a C-160 with a 16 hp Tecumseh on it.