ray

Wheel Horse Pulley size list. Does it exist?

ray

Wheel Horse manuals list the part numbers of the pulleys that are used, but do not list the sizes. I was able to cross reference some of the common ones, but even after doing a search, I can't find some of these. So I'm wondering if a list of Wheel Horse pulleys indicating the sizes are somewhere . I need this because I recently bought an old Wheel Horse and not sure it the pulleys on it are the right sizes. Thanks

Lane Ranger

Ray: I am unaware of a "master list" of pulley's used on all WHeel Horse models. You should determine what model Wheel Horse tractor you have and ask to obtain or review the online manuals this site has for your model tractor. They original pulley part number will be pisted. That orginal pulley number may have changed if it was continued to be manufactured in later years. It may also have been discontinued and only avaialbe from older parts tractors. You tractor may ahve a metal tag on the dash tower that has a stamped Model number on it. If all elese fails a photo posted on Red Square will get you the info you need as many otehrs will own the tractor you have acquired and they can asssit you with more information etc.

baerpath

How about asking what size pulley you need for the tractor you have ? I'm sure someone has the same one

Duane

ray

I viewed the parts list on line, and the text isn't legible, so I'm guessing what the pulley part numbers are. I figured if there was a list of pulleys somewhere, using this with the parts manual, maybe I could figure it out, That's why I can't list the part numbers, there might be too many. Anyway the tractor is an 71 800 Special. The specified 89 inch belt seems a little loose, an 88 inch belt works. The manual describes the main difference between an 800 Special and an 800 Automatic is in the clutch. I'm thinking that one has the electomagnetic clutch and one doesn't which might change the pulley size. Right now I have a two stage drive pulley that might have been changed on my tractor by a previous owner, which leaves me wondering if this is the stock size or not, or if it specific to this tractor or not. My main concern is crunching gears. Is it the brake lining? it's a little loose too, or is it in the belt size, because the pulley on the transmision is spinning while I stop the tractor to shift gears. I'm just trying to piece all of this together. When I bought the tractor the previous ownere told me everything is there, but now I am not too sure. Thanks for answering

Duff

So here's a crazy idea, guys.....how about we work together to make up a list of pulleys similar to the bearings chart posted elsewhere on the forum? Something along the lines of original part number/the tractor(s) it fits/where used, and dimensions. It may take a while, but this forum is a great and laasting resource. What do you all think, and Karl, if we can get it up and running can it be pinned? :thanks:

JMHO.......

Duff :thumbs:

• Like 2

groundhog47

So here's a crazy idea, guys.....how about we work together to make up a list of pulleys similar to the bearings chart posted elsewhere on the forum? Something along the lines of original part number/the tractor(s) it fits/where used, and dimensions. It may take a while, but this forum is a great and laasting resource. What do you all think, and Karl, if we can get it up and running can it be pinned? :thanks:

JMHO.......

Duff :thumbs:

Great idea, have suffered the hour after hour hunt form some.

Question too: ID or belt contact dimension?

littleredrider

I haven't had too many hydro's or any electric clutches, but the engine pulley on a hydro is bigger than a 3-speed...Maybe someone swapped that out throwing belt size off.