Sign in to follow this  
seth0804

Transmission swap

seth0804

Hello there, I have a C141 auto and was wondering if I could swap the hydro with a unidrive from a 310-8? I do not know much about hydros and think it is weak because the tractor will not move when first started, then moves when it is warm?? I will miss the hydraulic lift has long as I can put the manual lift from the 310-8 on the c141. Any thoughts on this?? Thanks

sorekiwi

Well its something that can be done but, as you are starting to realize, there are more parts that need to be swapped than just the transmission. Lift mechanism, brake linkages etc.

Easiest would be to have a more or less complete donor tractor and then combine the two to make it work.

wh-jason

It would be far easier to put the c-141 motor into the 310-8. Just my opinion.

refracman

This is a common complaint of the Eaton 1100, mostly when cold. If it works good when its warmed up then its OK.

When it gets below 40 my 195 takes a minute or so for to go, then the 3pt another minute or so, after that it preforms fine.

seth0804

I think the c141 has a sunstrand pump??? Is it still fine once it warms up.

can whlvr

it seems as hydros all seem to have their own ways,both of my hydros(one eaton,one sundstrand)will operate almost immediatly,99 percent of the time,i did leave the eaton outside last winter for one night,a cold one too,about -15 celcius,it took about 1-2 minutes before she wanted to go,but both these are very strong and reliable,as stated if it works fine once hot,i wouldnt worry,its if once its hot and they dont work then thats a problem,lots of times ive read here about slow starting hydros when cold but are fine when hot or even warm,

SousaKerry

If you are real concerned about cold starting hydros you can always put a magnetic block heater on it to keep the oil a little warmer like they do in Diesel engines.

seth0804

if the trans oil is on the low mark is it a quart to fill to the top (the full line). and would that make the hydro not move for a little bit or no? and when do you check the oil level when it is running or not???

Tankman

If you are real concerned about cold starting hydros you can always put a magnetic block heater on it to keep the oil a little warmer like they do in Diesel engines.

Been a long time since I've owned diesels. Always used a block heater.

And during the cold winters, a fuel additive.

I think once there was, are dipstick heaters available?

Algae also grows in diesel tanks and fuel systems, there was a additive for that too.