Sign in to follow this  
perry

877 with sickle bar

perry

picked up a sickle bar recently and got it mounted on my 877 . have not tryed it yet , need to make a lift rod and transport bracket. anybody have detailed pictures of them would help.

WHsickle004-1.jpg

WHsickle005-1.jpg

WHsickle008-1.jpg

WHsickle.jpg

WHsickle010.jpg

WHsickle011.jpg

WHsickle012.jpg

WHsickle013.jpg

Wheel-N-It

I Love It Perry !!! :beer:

• Like 1

1maidenfan

Ya nice tri-fecta of tractors. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Kelly

I plan on stopping by soon, remind me I'll bring the transport rod and bracket for you to look at.

perry

I plan on stopping by soon, remind me I'll bring the transport rod and bracket for you to look at.

ok, better put them in the truck now because we'll forget :roll:

rydogg

Very nice looking setup there.

I did not get a transport rod with my sickle mower so I used a chain with a piece of rubber hose over the section that went between the sickle teeth here are a couple pictures of it.

ebay625.jpg

ebay626.jpg

perry

need the length of the lift arm

sms-425.gif

perry

is there supposed to be a way to lock the lift arm up I pull the lever up and sickle only go's about half way up but i have to hold on to it or it will drop down. is this the way you use it ?. do you just use the lift arm to raise bar over objects and then lock it in the up postion for transport.

sorekiwi

I've only used mine a couple of times Perry, but thats how I used it. Kinda awkward. I seem to remember tying a rope of some kind onto the end of the bar so I could drive up to a bank that I wanted to cut and lower the bar down to the 30 degree or so slope, didnt really want to just drop the bar onto it.

The whole raising the bar and transport deal is pretty scary with these things, I'm always very wary of the PTO somehow engaging and making the thing start cutting when its in close proxomity to my body.

I'll try and get a length on the lift bar - mine is a homemade one, but it works.

I wish someone would post up measurements of the travel hook, there are quite a few of us that need to make them.

• Like 1

perry

thanks mike, that clears some of it up :)

sorekiwi

OK tried to get some pictuures, but that particular tractor is buried in a huge pile of my crap.

centre of the pin to centre of the pin is about 13 1/4". It goes straight down from the lift arm for 5 1/2" then bends at around 45 degrees (eyeball measurement). Thats just below the top of the chassis rail when the bar is in the lifted position.

If that doesnt make enough sense, yell and I'll unbury the poor old girl and get some pics. I really need a huge spring clean in my shed!

dclarke

Perry, here's the specs on the lift rod from my 867 with a SMS425 sickle. Right now I can't seem to start a new topic for some reason, as soon as I can I'll post specs of this, the travel hook and the bracket for future reference.

LiftRodDRAWING-1.jpg

LiftRodSCREEN-1.jpg