Sign in to follow this  
ricksrj58

what would be a fair price for these

ricksrj58

i have been offered the chance to buy these three tractors and i do not want to lowball the owner and i really do not want to over pay.what do you guys think?all three tractors run and drive,mower deck on the c-125 is rusted out bad,the deck on the 700 is solid, and not the right deck on the unknown model which has hi/lo trans and 1 inch axles and a 10 horse kohler.

SAM_0896.jpg

SAM_0895.jpg

SAM_0897.jpg

JackC

All appear to be good solid machines that have been stored indoors or covered.

Somewhere around $350 each. Maybe $900 or less as a package deal?

whfan74

I always feel that you can get a better deal if you buy a package deal. I would say $700 tops for everything shown. But that's just me.........you seem to be in a Wheel Horse heavy area. Should make it a little easier for you to get a good deal.

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

I agree with Scott

can whlvr

i agree,700 would be a good buy,but start a little lower to leave some room to negotiate,and remembber you are only getting one mower deck,and its pretty old to rely on weekly mowing dutie,you have to think about tractors with no mowers for selling if thats what you ever have to do,alot of guys want to be able to mow with them when they buy them

JackC

The fender on the C-125 looks to be in good condition. It is very hard to find a plastic fender with no cracks. They often crack under the seat. If there are no cracks in the plastic fender that alone would be worth over $100 to a collector. The sheet metal on the C-125 also looks to be in very good condition. It is an automatic with either the Sundstard or Eaton transmission. Based on the condition of the machine I would expect the hydro to be in good operating condition. You may want to verify that it is. I would prefer the newer Eaton over the older Sundstrand. I believe the plastic fender was used in the 1980 to 1983 models. The 1980 had the Sundstrand and the 1983 had the Eaton.

I don't know much about the 700 model but the 700 looks to be in exceptional original condition although it may have been restored. Either way, the seller could factor that in to what he is looking to get assuming he knows what he has. If it is original I would only use it sparingly.

The 1970's C series looks to have been restored and looks like somebody put some time and money into it. It looks to be in very good working condition and would make a good worker rather than a collector item.

I prefer the twin cylinder tractors so those are not in my interest area and I do not have the storage space for 3 additional tractors so I would not pay much for them for those reasons. If you have the storage space and those models are in your interest area then you would factor that in to what to pay.

It will be interesting to see what the seller will let them go for. Good luck.

JackC

The seat on the 700 looks to be the two piece with top and bottom cushion. If the seat has no rips or tears, it would go for $150 plus on ebay.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

$700 but no more than $800.