Sign in to follow this  
ple1969

Snowblower - is this really a 36"

ple1969

There is a single stage for sale near me (model 79360), however the seller is stating in the description that its 36" not a 42". Is that correct? I did not think they made a 36", only a 42" and the 44".

If that is a misprint, would model 79360 fit a 1995 520H? Are there any areas that I need to be concerned about if I go look at it?

Pete

Lars

my blower is 36 inch + the wings that makes it a 42 inch.... so it is right.

i would have checked the sprocket and chain on it.. and keep the chain well lubed.

and ill guess it would go right on your tractor

Wyattrrp

Yes it will fit a C, 300, 400, 520 series. As stated by Knusern the 2 side wings extend the snow path cutting width to 42" so make sure it has both side extension wings and the one across the top of the opening as well. It should come with about a 4 ft pipe lifting rod and at the rod end that goes under the tractor there should be a connector "Flag". It is the flag shaped part that actually connects to the tractor lift arm and it has a solid round bar that slides inside the lift rod pipe. That Flag should come with a lift helper spring about 6 inches long and 1" diameter.

The drive chain goes around 2 idler sprockets and the large auger gear. Feel whether the sprockets are wobbling indicating the bearings are gone and see if the chain is excessively loose. It does have a short adjustment slot but it cant be tightened a lot if really loose. You can replace those with local parts from TSC replacing both gears and the chain is about $40-$50 in parts. Same with the belt tensioner and drive pulleys. See if they are wobbling and need replacing. Under the auger looking in from the front you should see a scraper bar across the bottom. That bar may be worn to nothing if the side skids that set the height of the blower above the pavement were set too low. The side skids may be worn too. All fairly easy to replace but add to the cost.

79360 model was made for a number of years. Go to the toro parts viewer and type in 79360 and the serial # will tell you what year (if it has the serial tag on it).

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

In the RS files seciton there is a '90 42 inch high chute blower manual that is almost the same as the 79360. Look at that and you will see the lift rod, flag, wings, chain and pulleys. good luck.

hbrooks49

The flag may or may not be set up for the assist spring. I believe the standard flag did not have the added piece welded on (looking at old diagrams) and the new flags on ebay do not have it either. The manual I have states that you need to buy a separate kit (flag and spring) and to discard the old flag....

The spring can be purchased at a hardware store for about $5 if needed - the part number is noted in an earlier thread which I can't seem to locate at the moment. If you need a link to the thread post here and I'll try to find it again.

varosd

also the "replaceable' scraper blade was for newer models. my mid 80's does'nt have the spring on the flag or the replaceable scraper blade.

Wyattrrp

Gentlemen. I believe we are talking about the newer Model 79360 42 inch thrower that ple1969 found advertised in his neighborhood. #79360 seems to have been made from 1993-2001 and those newer models all had the replaceable scraper blade and the lift spring? At least in the toro parts viewer diagrams and parts list they did. I think the replaceable scrapper blade started with Model 06-42ST05 in '89 and the spring came with it starting in 1990 Model 06-42ST06. Both came on Model 06-42ST07 from 1991-92 then they changed to Model 79360 in 1993 with both spring and repaceable scrapper bar. I agree the older low chute models may not have come with the scraper bar or spring.

Wyatt

can whlvr

just for the info of it wheelhorse did make a blower that with the wings measures 36,its 30 without,my c160 can blow 3 foot drifts with this little blower