Sign in to follow this  
ahoppes

1987 211-4 options?

ahoppes

Had an eye on Wheel Horses for years and finally found the right price on one: a 1987 211-4. I'm not terribly fond of small tractors like this but I figured I was doing pretty good by trading a beat up Toro S200 snowblower for it haha. Anyway I'm on the hunt for some attachments and so far I have gathered that the only accessory attachment available for this model is a blade, and I've been behind a 211-5 with a blade and was quite satisfied with the little guy's performance. Was wondering if you all think I should hold out and wait to find a 211 specific blade or just purchase a cheap used blade off another brand and start modifying it right away to make sure I have it before snow falls?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated, proud to finally be a Horse owner and member, and not just an outside visitor to the site anymore.

post-8706-0-02615200-1350051367_thumb.jp

k29349

I have an 89 211-4. I bought it new in 1990. It runs as good as the day I bought it. It has been a great little tractor 4 me and it tows my 5'X8' utility trailer with a load of wood on it without complaining. I too was wondering what attachments they made for it.

SousaKerry

There was a 30" tiller available also. If you go to toro's website and enter your model number it will give you a list of available attachments

Kelly

ahoppes, I see your only a few miles from me, I don't have many parts for the little mowers, but if you do need something mainly for the bigger tractors let me know.

welderman85

i have a 211-5 that i picked up a while ago for a race tractor project but it was such a great little worker i couldnt change it. mine came with the 30" tiller and a 36" snowblower. the motor in mine was swaped out to a 12hp at some point. its a good littler rider i till with it in the summer and let my brother use it in the winter.

8084315961_c51a1e877d.jpg

8084316173_64805f8dcc.jpg it made a good snowmoblie one year when my brothers kids came to visit to

ahoppes

I had checked the Toro website and I believe the only accessories listed specific to this model were a bagger and a blade, but I am realizing how difficult it will be to find anything specific to this tractor and have basically decided to rig up a generic blade for it. I will likely be creating some sort of a rear weight "basket" for a couple cinder blocks or something if I can't find some weights to fit it, and throwing a set of chains on it. Pretty excited about getting this thing going, generally snow means using one of my single stage blowers for light snow or the big 2 stage for heavy snow and either way after 5 shoulder surgeries a little tractor like this will help out a hell of a lot.

Thanks Kelly, glad to have the close option available if I ever do get into an actual Wheel Horse not just this little guy here.

welderman85

i have seen plows on ebay for the 211 models. i saved a pic of it because i was going to build one the frame and mounts between a 211-5 and 211-4 look to be the same i will see what i can come up with

welderman85

i found this i hope it helps it is for a 211-5 but should be closepost-8205-0-03295400-1350217400_thumb.gi

welderman85

sorry for the small pic you can go to partstree.com and type in 06-42bb02 for a model number and get a better pic. there are also two correct plows on ebay but there alot of cash

ahoppes

Thanks for the schematic welderman, based on your screen name we've got a certain trade in common. I've taken a look around and people seem to want quite a wad for any of these 211 blades so I'm definitely going to weld me one together out of a blade from another model. My father has got 2 extras, one of which I'll probably be chopping up. I'm very interested in seeing how picky a little 4 speed is in the snow, we'll see how often 2nd and 3rd see action lol.

ahoppes

Honestly I think both of his are 48" ...I would imagine I'll want to take some inches off as much as I hate to do it. I don't see this little tractor moving too far pushing 48" out front. We've got a pretty slick Lincoln plasma cutter in the shop so that'll be one of the smaller jobs in the build luckily.

SousaKerry

I have 2 sets of NOS wheel weights for these tractors, They are the plastic cement filled type. PM me if you like I am in Jackson, MI.

I also have an old 1137 parts machine which is the same thing basically as your machine that I could let go fairly cheap and lots of parts. I did a partial restoration on this machine but the transmission let go on my hilly yard and I pulled the motor for another project.