Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Looking for input on possible tractor deal

Rollerman

I'm currently debateing doing some tradeing for the above listed model of tractor.

I don't know much about the brand other than Massey compacts are produced through them.

It's a mid 80ies, 40HP deisel, front assist, FEL, 5' Box Scraper on back.

Has any one here heard of or used a Hinomoto before.

A FEL tractor would come in real handy here & at the inlaws plus would be used to till gardens.

Kinda on the fence yet.

T-Mo

Stephen,

I don't know anything about them, but you'll probably need some room in the garage for that size tractor. I will help you out a little and take a couple of your horses off you hands to make room for the Hinomoto. It's the least I can do. B)

TT

The guy just passes up a 603 and he's wanting to take other people's Wheel Horses now? B)

C'mon T-MO! Where's your free 753? :whistle:

T-Mo

I was all set to go get the 603, but Ken wanted it more than I did and so, I felt it was the right thing to do to let him have it. I debated over it as I wanted it to have a good home, but I really don't like Tecumseh engines. Luckily Ken came to it's rescue.

The 753.....I have a feeling I waited too long - I can't get ahold of Jeff now. :whistle: B)

Nick

40hp does sound like a big one. Do you have a model number to look up?

These grey market tractors might come from the same factory as the US branded tractors but Im not sure about parts interchangeability. B) Just me but If its not real cheap I'd be sure of a parts source before going to far. :whistle:

Few links to look around for info:

Little miami tractor - says they sell parts for grey market

Best used tractors - Imports

J plan forums - Has a Hinomoto section and garden tractors

tractorbynet.com forums

TT

.......but I really don't like Tecumseh engines.

The 753.....I have a feeling I waited too long - I can't get ahold of Jeff now. B)B)

but I like Tecumseh engines. :whistle:

I really wish we could have gotten that 753 picked up back in January, T-MO. B) We'll just have to work on finding you another one now. Maybe soemone will drop another freebie off at TSC for Frank. Which reminds me....... did you get your book yet? B)

DMESS

Stephen, I can store a Lever for you if you need space for a new arrival. B) :whistle:

TT

Stephen - giving you back your thread.....

40hp seems like an awful lot for one of those machines. That would almost put it in the small farm tractor category.

My BIL has a Massey Ferguson compact that is Japanese-powered and it has been a great tractor. (although the mower deck is a real POS)

I found a post at a message board stating that the Hinomoto tractors shared a lot of parts with some AGCO/MF compact tractors, so if the price is right, you might be safe. B) It appears that the last US dealer (for Hinomotos) closed in the 90's though.

Rollerman

Thanks for the links Nick.....looks like maybe I'll just stay away.

It sounds like the E model Hinomoto's had an aluminium bellhousing that didn't do to well with an FEL. B) & parts are getting sketchy.

The search continues.....

Rollerman

Stephen - giving you back your thread.....

40hp seems like an awful lot for one of those machines. That would almost put it in the small farm tractor category.

My BIL has a Massey Ferguson compact that is Japanese-powered and it has been a great tractor. (although the mower deck is a real POS)

I found a post at a message board stating that the Hinomoto tractors shared a lot of parts with some AGCO/MF compact tractors, so if the price is right, you might be safe. It appears that the last US dealer (for Hinomotos) closed in the 90's though.

TT I'd say your BIL's tractor is a Hino.

Going buy the links Nick posted I guess I'm spooked now.

Nick

I see the model number was under the subject, couldnt find it before. B) Sounds like you are finding some info. Never hurts to see what problems are coming up on them.

If you keep an eye out you can find deals on 4x4 compact tractors so ya might not want to rush into anything. Depending on what you want to do as little as 16hp can do ok. Around 16 to 24 hp is a nice smaller size range to look into.

My brother just rented a JD 4300 FEL and tiller to move a big pile of dirt and till down some of his building lot. Nice tractor but couldnt allow a green one to stay to long. :whistle: I was going to post a picture of the Load Ranger threatening to crush it but the rock was so big I couldnt get it over 3' high. Could have set the relief valve up and done it. B)

th_LRvsgreen007.jpg th_LRvsgreen004.jpg th_LRvsgreen005.jpg th_LRvsgreen006.jpg