Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Crazy

Opinions on this Lawn Ranger?

Wheel Crazy

I recently found an old Lawn Ranger on Craiglist. Looks to be in all original condition with the original mower deck. It says it runs good. He is asking $350. Says the serial number is 282896. So is it worth it? What year is it? Thanks!

ranger1.jpg

ranger2.jpg

ranger3.jpg

ranger4.jpg

FreddieFarmall

I have a couple of these. It is a 1968 model. You can tell by the style of decal on the hood, and it is supposed to have a 3-spoke steering wheel. Apparently that has been changed to an earlier style. Another good point is the front tires. These appear to be original and in real good shape. Most of them have cracking around the 'knobs' of the tread.As far as I know, there are no current tires avail that are a match to this tread style. It also appears to have the orig seat, although sort of flat. Maybe can have new foam put in. If you like it, I don't think you can go wrong at $350. You would spend a lot more than that trying to fix up a junker.

Good luck with it!

Fred P.

FreddieFarmall

I just looked at the pictures again. I think that it might be a 1965-67 model that someone has put the 1968 decals on hood. That would explain the 2-spoke wheel and the decal on the belt guard. I think the '68 does not have that decal, and the guard is flat, as opposed to the earlier ones that have the guard decal and an embossed area where it is placed. I am unsure about the seat too. Some are all black, and I am not sure what years used what. It still looks like a good deal to me. Don't look at these as an investment, however, since they are not worth a ton of money. Best to just appreciate them because you had one as a kid/remember someone who did, or you just think they look cool.

Fred P.

Wheel Crazy

Thanks for all the info Fred! Yeah it appears the original square horse stickers are at the front of the tank then someone added the 1968 stickers right next to them. Looks to be the original paint even?

AMC RULES

I think it's worth it...imagine the money you'd spend in parts to piecemeal one back together.

qd-16

I believe the black / white seat covers were 65-66.

JackC

Looks like a nice original. If it is, it should hold its value as a collector's item.

Wheel Crazy

Thanks for the help guys! To me it looks like a 1966, but I am not sure. It can't be a 1968 because 1968 Lawn Ranger have a black seat, 3 spoke wheel, and the decals go on a different way than the ones that are on the one for sale. Maybe it has parts from all the years? I wonder if I could get it for $250?

It needs AG tires!

Wheel Crazy

Looks like the steering wheel is on wrong.

Wheel Crazy

Is that the original engine?

Jake Kuhn

Looks like a very nice one brodi. Price is a little high to me, but it would take a lot of $ to get one that nice. ~Jake

Tankman

Looks great, runs, mower deck works.

Who cares if 100% original, nice collector or usable Horse! Well kept.

gwest_ca

282896 looks like an early 1967 serial number for a L-107 Lawn Ranger.

Garry

• Like 1

Wheel Crazy

Thanks you so much Gary! All I need to do is buy it now!! lol Thanks for the help everyone!

littleredrider

The lawn rangers are what got me into this hobby. I have one now, and sold a 67. Great little tractors....

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

I think the ower just added the longer 1968 Lawn Ranger Decals to his hood. The L-107 had a recoil start motor just like you have. I changed a motor on an L-107 model we have and got an H-60 motor with an ekletric starter.

I added a new switch, batteryt and battery box and placed the recoil on the motor too!

hm12460

Looks good from here. Did you get it?

sscotsman

Looks like its in good condition!

I know prices can vary somewhat by region, but around here (Western NY) that price would be a bit high..

$200 to $250 would be more in the ball park..

Scot

HorseWhisperer

I purchased a sweet L-156!last year for 350 and had another untouched for 25 years L-107 thrown in for free.They are so cool and the name.......well does it get better!I cant wait til spring to get mine out again!I mow with mine and love it!