Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

sweepster broom

B-8074

I've seen a few out there for gravely and JD tractors but not for wheel horse. Does anyone have one or know where I could get one. I have a lot of black walnut trees and it takes forever to clean them up with the backpack blower. And the mow-n-vac only works if you detach it from the mower deck. I was thinking a rotary brush would be perfect.

Kelly

I own a Sweepster that I use on my 520 this one will not fit a 520 with the forward swept axle, so I use it on my 1989, I've had 3 others 2 for WH, and one for a Simplicity, it is nice for cleaning stones out of the yard in the spring after plowing.

This is the only pic I can find of mine, and right now it is put away on a pallet for winter.

100_3107.jpg

wallfish

I built one to fit a WH tractor out of a walk behind broom. I bet a broom would work real nice and quick for what you need to do

rotarybroomfront.jpg

rotarybroomright.jpg

broomrear.jpg

broomapart.jpg

• Like 2

Lars

here you have som pict of a wheel horse broom..

IMAG0829.jpgIMAG0831.jpg

IMAG0834.jpgIMAG0833.jpg

wingrider

Hey Kelly would you have one broom for sale or know where I could aquire one . Been looking for one for some time now.

Wingrider

pfrederi

If you yard is not nice and level you will need to come up with some casters like in Wallfishes pictures. ( I have to make some like his!!) I have a broom and use it in the spring to get the rocks back into the driveway and the road we live on. It is easier than rakes BUT with out casters they are terribly nose heavy a bear to steer and you have to have wheel weights and chains if you try to go up any grade at all. (The broom is trying to push you backwards). Also it is usually a two day project waiting for the wind to shift.(You cannot change the angle (like a snowblower discharge) so if there is any wind you can get a real face full of stuff. Sweepster manual says at least 15hp required. Also it is not a quick easy on an off project. It is heavy and awkward to get her mounted. The C-175 taht is used on is now a designated sweeper tractor. I am not taking the thing on and off again.

c40a1f214620708.jpg 4c1d04214620710.jpg f60018214620712.jpg

• Like 1

wallfish

That's what's nice with the one I adapted. It does swivel side to side like a snow blade plus the casters carry the load and they can be adjusted for height/pressure. I've seen plenty of these walk behinds for sale around here but not too many that fit a tractor.

HankB

Hey Kelly would you have one broom for sale or know where I could aquire one . Been looking for one for some time now.

Wingrider

One just popped up on Chicago Craigslist in Plymouth. Not sure if that's IL or IN. (With apologies to Kelly if you were working a deal with him, but it has been a while...)

I think it would be cool to have one but not cool enough for that price!

Operator

See my avatar ? They work great for spring time driveway gravel clean ups! Got this one out of PA!

WH-PWR

DW753 has one forsale in the Redsquare classifieds right now.

rexman72

what good timing that theres one for sale on RS

Robidob

I just listed the one on my C 100 in the classifieds section, I can take more pictures if you guys want.

B-8074

I just listed the one on my C 100 in the classifieds section, I can take more pictures if you guys want.

Pm sent.