Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Would you support a RedSquare show?

RedSquare Show  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a RedSquare Show?

• Yes
    • No

nylyon

So with all these great shows, would you support a RedSquare show, and would you be willing to travel to say.... Connecticut (RedSquare's state of origin).

This would not be a Meet and Greet, but more like a 2 day show with all the fixings....

whfan74

Karl,

As you know, I am always willing to support RedSquare. I would like to see if we could get it more centrally located so the most members possible could attend. Just my .02 I guess I could look at the member map. See where the highest concentration and central location to allow for more participation. I love the idea!

• Like 1

stevebo

Where in CT you thinking ?

nylyon

Really just a feeler to see if there is support for a RedSquare show. Doesn't even have to be one event, could be multiple, east / central Europe, something like that?

neil

great idea

I for one would like to see it happen

MaineDad

Great idea.

squonk

Here's my long winded answer:

I think it's a great idea. I think Scott's M&G is a great example of the popularity of :wh: and the generosity and good will of the people of RS. But personally I'm only able to afford 1 big trip a year. Son going through grad school and with fuel still climbing it's only getting tougher.

The show in PA is a 5 hr ride for me. Luckily it's an "easy trip" basically a straight shot south. I think PA works so well because it's one of the "Hotbeds" of :wh: tractors and parts. Look at all the vendors there with huge loads of parts. I know J Dog is right around the corner but I wonder how far the others travel. I've gone to the big show 3 years now. I have gone mostly for spare parts and have financed my trip by buying and selling tractors and accessories for a small profit. I go with 2 other guys who have to get back so we only stay for half a day

This coming year I'm going for the full show. I want to be able to enjoy the tractors and the RS guys. I'm probably traveling alone and staying at a hotel by myself (don't want to camp). I've asked my wife for financial help to do this for Christmas and birthday presents. (She all ready bought me a "Horse Tack" shed,) so she's starting to support the hobby a little.

A good location would be tough but after next year if it's within a 5 hr. ride I'd be up for a different venue. Any date would be ok with me as long as there is no special event going on here. We have 2 steam shows around me in August and Sept. ,but I'd pass them up for a RS event!

Jake Kuhn

I would love to see a redsquare show, but for me I would not be able to make that far of a ride.

VinsRJ

I think its a great idea... good luck sorting out the 100+ opinions and demands.

nylyon

That would be round 2. Sometimes these initiatives (like the hats) entail a lot of work which is well worth the effort ONLY if the demand is there. Since we're all tight on time unless the interest is there, it wouldn't make sense to continue. If the demand is there, I have no issues doing the work.

"D"- Man

I am all for the show, but like some have mentioned I would like to see it more centrally located. Mark.

Ken B

I think its a great idea. Like Scott said, the best thing would be to try to come up with a location to allow for the best attendence. Sure, I'd love for it to be right in my back yard right here in CT. but not if it means poor attendence. I think if we were to get some solid commitments from some serious parts vendors that guys will come. The trick would be trying to find out how far everyone is willing to drive for a kick butt Wheel Horse show.( I have an idea to boost attendence but some guys might not like it! :hide: )

Rooster

Id be all in for one in central US!

This post edited after pulling beak from tail feathers

nylyon

See post #4

• Like 1

redidbull

I am in Ct so it would work for me. Jim

Wheelhorse84

That would be great.

CRE1992

I think Northern Central or North East PA would be the best location, Most redsquare members are located in the North East anyways.

• Like 1

Sparky

I would love a RS Show. But maybe take it more west, like Newburgh NY. Then I could check out the OCC showroom :eusa-whistle: .

Mike.............

• Like 1

midnight rambler

i would love to see and attened one, only problem is i can only drive maybe 6-7 hrs max due to my work schedule, unless it is held in florida in the winter time, then i would have to be told to leave.

posifour11

Toouch of a distance for me but it sure would be cool to get to one.

Trouty56

I would go....

AMC RULES

I'm in...let me know when. :popcorn:

SALTYWRIGHT

I AM IN FOR UP TO 6 HOUR RIDE, BUT CT. SOUNDS BEST FOR ME.

Fun Engineer

Although I'd love to go to every show. That's just not possible. I like the size of the Wheel Horse PA Show and go to several shows each summer within a 2-4 hour drive, some WH, some not. Wanted to go to Scotts show this summer but personal issues didn't allow it. I'm all for a RS show but may not be able to go, depends upon distance and what other shows are going on. We all have to make choices. Good luck.

Terry M

have the same thoughts as Fun Engineer,I also like the idea of an RS and think going to one would be awesome. but minnesota is far away from most wheel horse events . BUT, I still would maybe consider coming.