Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

I cleaned the garage today

Jim_M

I took a couple of vacation days to get some things done around home while the weather is nice.

I worked on cleaning the garage today. I'm finally almost done, should finish it tomorrow morning. It's amazing how much junk a packrat like me can accumulate in 20 years.

I had to move some stuff outside while I cleaned so I thought I would get a picture before I put them back in.

Hopefully once the entire garage is cleaned out I plan to bring the rest of the horses home that I have stored at the farm. I'll post another picture when I get them home. I'll probably leave one D-160 out there to mow with.

Picture225.jpg

Picture224-1.jpg

kj4kicks

Great group pic of 3 generations, Jim. Can't wait to see the whole herd reunited!

CasualObserver

Hey Jim... Nice! ... is that a little diesel on your 854 there?

nylyon

Jim, while you're cleaning I lost a pair of long needle nose pliers with a spring to keep them open several years back. If you find them you can go ahead and mail them...

Seeing this thread is a painful reminder of the garage task which awaits me in the upcoming days..... B)

But, it is a great looking herd!

traktorkidd7/30/93

Now theirs something i HAVE to do because my barn is a mess and i cant even walk in their without moving a couple tractors

B)

Teddy da Bear

I have been cleaning my garage every week, ever since we built the house and moved in, in 2000. It never seems to get any better (clutter-wise).

Jim_M

Jim, while you're cleaning I lost a pair of long needle nose pliers with a spring to keep them open several years back. If you find them you can go ahead and mail them...

Seeing this thread is a painful reminder of the garage task which awaits me in the upcoming days..... B)

But, it is a great looking herd!

Karl,

What color were the handles?

Jim

HorseFixer

I took a couple of vacation days to get some things done around home while the weather is nice.

I worked on cleaning the garage today. I'm finally almost done, should finish it tomorrow morning. It's amazing how much junk a packrat like me can accumulate in 20 years.

Yeah tell me about it! I have a major project schedualed and alot that needs to be done in mine by the time winter hits! I plan on doing some before and after pictures once I start! I got some major work ahead of me! B) Sure feels good once its done tho! :whistle:

Duke

Jim_M

Hey Jim... Nice! ... is that a little diesel on your 854 there?

Jason,

Actually it's a 654 and yes it's a 6 horse diesel. That little engine is the easiest starting diesel of any I've owned.

Jim

dieselhorse

Actualy its a 4.5hp diesel, bought thru Carroll Steam Motors in MI. I know as I am the one that built that 654 and sold it to Jim. I am hunting basicly the same tractor but with the later square hood to build myself another one. Unless he decides to sell it back to me B) Good looking herd of horses! Mike

Jim_M

Actualy its a 4.5hp diesel, bought thru Carroll Steam Motors in MI. I know as I am the one that built that 654 and sold it to Jim. I am hunting basicly the same tractor but with the later square hood to build myself another one. Unless he decides to sell it back to me B) Good looking herd of horses! Mike

Mike,

I should have looked at the paperwork it's in the desk drawer 6" from me. Thanks for the correction. That little engine really has a lot of torque! I'm hoping to take it apart and paint it over the winter, I already have the new decals for it.

Jim

dieselhorse

cool, cant wait to see it repainted, hopefully I can find something along the lines like it but with the next style hood that was squared off and had a fender pan instead of the rounded fenders. Mike

Rollerman

Jim hope to see that little deisel 654 run sometime...oh & the Ford :whistle:

Been doing the same around here...trying to find more room by organizeing parts & tractors...& implements.

Currently my garage still has a big shelf setup full of my FIL's trim when he renovated the house for the wife...."pre me"

That will be my sunday project...loading it up & running it back to him to put in his cluttered garage... B)

I also have a electric heater I need to get/have installed before winter...I'm no electrician & normally create smoke when electricity is involved...LOL

Oh and Karl did the pliers have blue handles...if so feel free to come get them.

Also...Mike "dieselhorse"...good to see you posting again!

B) B)

Jim_M

Jim hope to see that little deisel 654 run sometime...oh & the Ford :whistle:

Been doing the same around here...trying to find more room by organizeing parts & tractors...& implements.

Currently my garage still has a big shelf setup full of my FIL's trim when he renovated the house for the wife...."pre me"

That will be my sunday project...loading it up & running it back to him to put in his cluttered garage... B)

I also have a electric heater I need to get/have installed before winter...I'm no electrician & normally create smoke when electricity is involved...LOL

Oh and Karl did the pliers have blue handles...if so feel free to come get them.

Also...Mike "dieselhorse"...good to see you posting again!

B)B)

Stephen,

You've been in my garage, so you know why it's taking so long to get it cleaned out. You should see it now though, only about 4 more hours work and it will be clean and organized again. I've hauled away about 2 tons of crap that I swore I would need someday but never did.

I can come over sometime and wire up your heater for you. You'll love that heater, it will heat your shop nice and warm.

Jim

Curmudgeon

Jim, that crap you hauled away that you never needed?

You're gonna need it day after tomorrow. B)

Duff

Jim, that crap you hauled away that you never needed?

You're gonna need it day after tomorrow. B)

....or sooner! B)

Duff :whistle: