Sign in to follow this  
wh-jason

rockshaft and clevise hitch setup

wh-jason

ok, somebody help me here. i just put a rockshaft and clevise hitch on a c-161 to attach a 10" brinley plow. however i cant get it adjusted right, when i get it set to raise high enough for the plow not to hit the ground it wont lower far enough to plow, and when its adjusted low enough to plow it wont raise high enough to pull the plow out of the dirt. im gettin full motion at the bell crank and at the rock shaft. i have to be missing something. :banghead:

6wheeler

can you show some pics of the hitch assm.? looking at it may be helpful. show where you have your chain and cable hooked.

wh-jason

ill get a pic up in a few...i just measured the lift. im gettin only 2 inches, measuring from the back of the clevise hitch to the floor. on my c-121 in getting almost 4 inches of lift and they both have the same set up. this has to be an easy fix, im just not seeing it yet.

wh-jason

heres a pic, its not very easy to get a good pic under the tank

E07EE26C-367F-4DB8-842B-E06AB0267BDB-3059-000005C286A44F73.jpg

Kelly

Do you have the front of the cable hooked in the right hole?? it will pull more the farther out on the arm you hook it.

wh-jason

Do you have the front of the cable hooked in the right hole?? it will pull more the farther out on the arm you hook it.

its in the bottom hole, i think thats where its supposed to be

meadowfield

What about the deck height adjuster screw?? sounds like that's limiting the travel...

wh-jason

What about the deck height adjuster screw?? sounds like that's limiting the travel...

It's automatic with hydro lift.

Butch

Do you have the manual on how to install it? If not I could scan mine and email it to you. I have one on my C-175 Auto and don't have any problem with the mold board plow. I didn't jerry rig anything and had a complete hitch system when I installed it.

wh-jason

I finally figured it out. The plow we were trying to use wasn't the correct one so I fabbed up a bracket, it works perfect now.

Thx for all the helpful replies.

56flatbed

Butch, I am running into a similar situation with a tiller on my C141 automatic. I have no idea how the hydro hooks up to the rear lift setup. Can you help?

Wally

wkoeberl@bellsouth.net